Go Back   TVPast Forums > TV Collector Resources > Record TV: Video Tech Support

07-04-2006, 12:04 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 234 posts since Jun 2005
HELP Please.
All these dang storms keep causing power outages here in my little town. I know in the BIOS I can restart my PC. (Just figured that out now) And I can have my digital cable restart on its own. How can I have my ATI MMC TV startup when Windows opens so it will record my shows if I am not home when the power comes back on? I tried putting a shortcut to it in the Startup folder on the Start menu but this doesn't seem to work. (I have not had the PC turn back on yet due to a power outage since I just discovered this auto on feature in the BIOS now., but my ATI TV does not auto start when windows boots up.
I am missing shows due to this, any help appreciated.
  07-05-2006, 04:08 AM

Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 744 posts since Jun 2005
Honestly, go to walmart, buy a UPS for about 40$ and it will save you tons of time/trouble.. I have 2 of them, everything in my room is hooked up to them. (The power here where I live kicks randomly for no reason) So it makes everything turn off for just a second.. Since then, my dvr hasn't cut off, my computers stay on, my cable modem stays on. It's great
  07-05-2006, 05:39 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
I never found the $40 ones to be of much help, only about 5 minutes of power. What I have is a $150 or so UPS, gives me an hour of power.
  07-05-2006, 06:01 AM

Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 744 posts since Jun 2005
I got about an hour out of each of mine when the power went out for about 5 hours one night. Never gave me a problem, but I wasn't hogging power or anything, had cable modem on and laptop on just that one.. The other was just keeping power to accessories that were turned off.. like tv, dvr, dvdplayer, stereo.