Go Back   TVPast Forums > TV Collector Resources > Record TV: Video Tech Support

03-10-2007, 04:00 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 969 posts since Jun 2005
Ok, maybe I'm an idiot, never had this before, but do their DVR allow you to move your recorded video off? IF so, how do you do it? Can you use your DVD recorder and just record that way? Again, never had satellite and don't know anything about it.
  03-10-2007, 06:22 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
It's like a hard drive DVD recorder without the DVD. The only way to keep the shows is again play the DVR back to something else and record it that way, be it a VCR, DVD recorder or computer capture.

Phillip used to do this, I believe. Somebody here did.