Go Back   TVPast Forums > TV Collector Resources > Record TV: Video Tech Support

04-07-2007, 02:34 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
OK I need you guys to watch and tell me what you think

LS helped me with some suggestions and they worked perfectly

PAL Video: French Peter Pan and the Pirates Set Episode 26 "Jules Verne au pays imaginaire"
NTSC Audio: HordePrime Episode 26 "Jules Verne" (borrowed from CP)

Video file is inside 140mb zip file

Video was ripped by YadeX on the Mac
Audio was cleaned up in Amadeus II on the Mac
Audio was changed by 3.9-4.1% in Amadeus II on the Mac
Video was edited by VideoRedoPlus on the PC
The two were multiplexed together in tmpgenc

Let me know how it looks!

http://www.tvpast.org/images/dicjoe/.../peterpanf.zip
  04-07-2007, 03:14 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 332 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to hordeprime
I saw your clip. That really is great! I couldn't spot any dropoff from the audio. It defintely looked like the audio and the lips were syncing together.

I couldn't detect any picture problems. It defintely looks better than my copies by a mile.

So yes, I'd say keep going!

Oh, since the title sequence from those DVDs is in French, do you have a good looking English title sequence? I guess you do if you have any of the official VHS releases. Or, I think there were some episodes released on DVD in the UK.
  04-07-2007, 03:38 AM
Verified Member

The end credits are all in english lol

The intro has Peter Pan et Les Pirates, I was planning on using a splice from the UK DVD Intro (courtesy of Manthing) since its the same video spec it would require no conversion

The only issue is the title card, I think I may have to use Quicktime or Premiere and put the English title on the Title card since many episodes I have in English have no title card. Either way I dont think there would be any complaints and it so then oh well

I am still trying to work out the kinks, right now I have to do it in about 5min edits or else the audio and video go out of sync but I think I may just need to adust the % I change the audio. 2-5 min chucks it works like the clip above, 10-20min clips it gets to be a headache.
  04-07-2007, 07:19 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 332 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to hordeprime
The full episode set I got, many of them have no title cards (and no intros, either). Now, the Toonarific set I got, which has about 30 or so episodes, they do have title cards along with the intros. I haven't traded out the Toonarific set yet because my other set has generally better picture quality and just about all the episodes, although the Toonarific one isn't bad.
  04-07-2007, 07:26 AM
Verified Member

Well the intro (at least judging by the French set) never changed, there is only one difference between the US and French versions and thats the Peter Pan and the Pirates logo comes up. But even the FOX Presents is in english and like I said the end credits are in 100% english text. I will probably just use the UK Intro (which should be identical to the US airings)

I am just going to keep the French Title cards and use Premiere or Quicktime to add in the English Title.
  04-14-2007, 12:24 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Hair on the video is gross. What a bad transfer job they did, so unclean.

The audio of yours has buzzing in it, doesn't it, from bad tracking of VHS tapes? You can use a pass filter on that in Goldwave, and it would disappear.

06-12-2007, 01:55 AM
Gramma of CPS

Stats: 4,271 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to cp32
I didnt get a sample disk lol
  06-13-2007, 02:34 AM
Verified Member

Yes the video is very unclean, thats the French for you James always touted them as masters but I think SLP video transfers look cleaner then this (I guess its from "masters" )

the audio has not had any advanced filters put on it (it was a very basic job to make the sound audible), it was a test to see if it would work so I did not bother restoring anything (since if it failed why waste the time).

I will be glad when this whole project is done, one big synching project is enough for my trading life

and CP, where is my Dinosaurs S3 LOL
  06-13-2007, 03:29 AM
Gramma of CPS

Stats: 4,271 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to cp32
lmao!