Go Back   TVPast Forums > TV Collector Resources > Record TV: Video Tech Support

07-07-2005, 06:05 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 621 posts since Jun 2005
hi, here goes. there is video of an episode for a program that i would like to get archived on the internet. i can download the show with windows media player and watch. it opens in a window that doesn't have the normal toolbar with the file menu etc. without these menus, i don't know how to go about saving this video where i can burn it to a cd or dvd. can someone reply and tell me how to do this? or you can email me at stoogedog@hotmail.com any assistance in this endeavor would be greatly appreciated. thanks
  07-07-2005, 03:56 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
You have to view the source code of the link to see where the page is loaded. It uses a javascript to remove the normal toolbars. Open this page manually. Then see what the URL of the video file it. It may or may not be possible to download. What I do is create a new HTML file in MS FrontPage, and then make a link to this video. Put FP in preview mode, and then right-click and save as. If that doesn't work, you'll need a streaming capture tool (HiDownload is one), and plug the address in there and let it "record" the stream to your drive.

If this sounds complex, it is. But it works.
  07-18-2005, 01:28 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 621 posts since Jun 2005
hi lordsmurf, thanks for the reply. i sent you an email. lmk. thanks