Go Back   TVPast Forums > TV Collector Resources > Record TV: Video Tech Support

07-21-2007, 05:31 PM
Verified Member

Arcade Wins: Skate Boarder Champion
Stats: 3,625 posts since Oct 2006
Send a message via ICQ to konfusion Send a message via AIM to konfusion Send a message via MSN to konfusion Send a message via Yahoo to konfusion
Im having trouble with a few of the menus i have that are made with Photoshop in psd format. They look great on the Computer but once used as the background on a dvd and played on Tv it looks really shaky/jittery. Im having this problem with Ace Ventura Menus. I have no idea what it could be but i would like to know if i can make it better.

Thank You
  07-21-2007, 06:30 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Are you creating the images at 720x540 resolution? And then what is it being authored in? NTSC can blitz out on non-safe colors, and then very linear images (especially finite details) can go wonky on interlaced displays (normal tv sets). This is one reason I use DVDWS2, as it will smartly encode menu video, and then it can have added anti-aliasing too (although I never use the option).

Stop using TDA. It's not very good.

07-21-2007, 06:48 PM
Verified Member

Send a message via ICQ to konfusion Send a message via AIM to konfusion Send a message via MSN to konfusion Send a message via Yahoo to konfusion
ok ill stop using it. i need a guide on how to use it. it was for pal.

Im going to download and install ulead right now
  07-21-2007, 07:33 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
If your DVD player is not smart at playing PAL, it can flicker. But it would tend to flicker everything, though it's most noticeable on stills.

I have info on how to use DVDWS2, when you're ready. It's easy.

07-21-2007, 11:40 PM
Verified Member

i have installed but it doesnt work on my computer. i couldnt get another dvd author program to work either. i think it has something to do with my videocard or the driver because it says its loaded in the windows task manager Processes Tab but the program itself never loads up