Go Back   TVPast Forums > TV Collector Resources > Record TV: Video Tech Support

07-12-2005, 02:32 AM
Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 129 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via AIM to bratac19 Send a message via Yahoo to bratac19
Background: I own a Sony DRU-720A DVD burner. It came with the Nero software for burning CD's/DVD's. The Nero works fine...fantastic even.

Problem: When I 1st started burning with this program it normally took 8 to 10 mins. to "pull" the info off the disc and another 8 to 10 mins. to burn it to disc. Now...it will take over an hour to do the exact same function. I have not changed any settings, and it burns as fast as the disc will let it.

Now, I also run another program that downloads the info into a file that I later go back and delete. So there is no problem with that. Does Nero download into a file and store that info? If so, is that why it is now taking so long to burn a disc? I have looked for this file and I can't find it.

07-12-2005, 03:03 AM

Stats: 1,453 posts since Jun 2005
Sounds like you might have spyware or a virus interfering with the process. I would run a spyware and a virus program to see. I would also suggest checking if your harddrive might have other files that you haven't deleted. don't forget to defrag your harddrive once in a while either. Turning your system off for a while and rebooting every so often doen't hurt either..
  07-12-2005, 03:14 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Maybe your system reverted to PIO and is no longer in DMA mode.
  07-12-2005, 07:22 PM

Stats: 1,453 posts since Jun 2005
LS could be right, you might need to uninstall your drivers and reboot.