06-21-2008, 01:37 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 17 posts since Nov 2006
Got a new computer and was able to install DVD Fab and DVD Shrink. DVD Shrink is unable to burn DVDs till I Have Nero installed. Having trouble making my version of Nero recognize my DVD burner, it is "PLDS DVD+-RW DH-16A6S SCSI CdRom Device". Tried getting the latest version of Nero but didn't like the all the price tags along with it. At the moment I'm able to get the file to ISO format or videoTS folders created.

Anyone know how to make DVD Shrink burn without Nero or know how to get a free new version of Nero?
  06-21-2008, 03:25 AM

Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 130 posts since Jul 2007
you can just use dvd decrypter to burn the isos, its free. You can also select it to burn automatically after shrink is done, just select bun with dvd decrypter in shrinks target device.
  06-22-2008, 06:13 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Use ImgBurn. http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download

and then use the new DVD Shrink version that uses ImgBurn to burn:
http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/521885

Forget about Nero, it's turned in a piece of crap. I remember the days when you and I burned PS1 games and Nero was the only good program. My my, how things have changed.

ImgBurn is the burning-only redo of DVD Decrypter.
To read retail discs, DVD Decrypter often works still for tv shows and old movie DVDs, but DVD Fab Decrypter is often needed on movies from the past 2-3 years.

FYI, your burner is a LiteOn drive, quite decent.

NOTE: Burning DVD+R DL discs is nowhere near as easy as single-layer DVD-R and DVD+R media. Just so you know. I still suggest Verbatim DVD-R or DVD+R, but know I prefer Verbatim DVD+R (I get less coasters). Sony "made in Taiwan" is another fine choice.

06-26-2008, 11:08 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 17 posts since Nov 2006
Thank you. Able to burn DVDs on my new machine. It's really awesome having a quad core. Able to play a game while encoding and burning a DVD without any drop in performance.
  06-26-2008, 01:33 PM
Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 1,453 posts since Jun 2005
I disagree about Nero, but Imgburn is the way to go. Personally, I use use DVD2One or CloneDVD2 to rips shos, but you have to use AnyDVD to break them!