Go Back   TVPast Forums > TV Collector Resources > Record TV: Video Tech Support

03-30-2009, 05:32 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 621 posts since Jun 2005
hi, we have a computer that crashed. i got a cd of windows xp professional to reload on the computer. i have tried twice to reload xp, but both times when it gets to the end of reloading, the computer restarts and goes back to the e logo boot bios mode screen (its an emachine). does anyone have any suggestions on what to do? please let me know. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks
  03-30-2009, 07:30 AM
Gramma of CPS

Stats: 4,271 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to cp32
If you have already Fdisk Reformated .This is still continuing. You need a new Hard drive.
  03-30-2009, 10:58 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
I don't think it's a hard drive issue. It's often a hardware error. Remove unneeded cards and hardware. Just have a CD or DVD drive, a hard drive, and a video card (if not using motherboard video).

I had a computer do this when my UltraATA card died. The hardware fault made the system reboot.

05-19-2009, 10:19 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 66 posts since Apr 2009
Not sure if this affects you, but eMachines have been notorious with bad PSU which fails and in turn oftentimes takes the mobo or CPU with it. So I guess I am saying, check the PSU. Also, it could just be overheating. Is there a lot of dust caked on the CPU's fan and heatsink? If so, time to blow it out.

Darryl
  05-20-2009, 02:17 PM

Verified Member

hi, what is the PSU? thanks
  05-20-2009, 03:10 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
PSU = power supply unit
  05-20-2009, 04:02 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 584 posts since Jun 2005
PSU - Penn State University!!
  05-20-2009, 10:03 PM

Verified Member

Yes, it's all Penn State's fault! LOL... LS had it right, the power supply.

Darryl
  05-24-2009, 05:40 PM

Verified Member

hi, thanks for info. i should have know psu stood for power supply unit. do you mean that it will turn off and then restart? once i turn on the computer, it doesn't loose power. i just cant get it to reload xp. it doesn't restart. please let me know what you mean about the PSU problem. thanks stoogedog
  05-26-2009, 01:23 PM

Verified Member

The power supply can cause all manner of problems, from random reboots and shutdowns to the network card failing and everything in between. I am not saying that I know that's the problem in this case, but it's worth checking since eMachines have been notorious with their faulty PSUs.

It could also be one of the fans failing causing overheating, or lint and fluff clogging up the heatsink.

Darryl