Go Back   TVPast Forums > TV Collector Resources > Record TV: Video Tech Support

04-20-2009, 11:44 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 66 posts since Apr 2009
OK, my friend recorded the Little Big Town/Lindsay Buckingham CMT Crossroads special in HD for me. It's currently on his DVR. Can somebody give me a clue how to get the HD off his DVR and onto the PC's hdd?

I did this a long time ago (about four years) using firewire and a freeware program (which I cannot remember the name of), but I think the process has changed nowdays. For instance, I think we can now get around encryption.

Darryl
  04-20-2009, 01:28 PM
Verified Member

Arcade Wins: Skate Boarder Champion
Stats: 3,625 posts since Oct 2006
Send a message via ICQ to konfusion Send a message via AIM to konfusion Send a message via MSN to konfusion Send a message via Yahoo to konfusion
depends which hd dvr. directv cant do it. but if you find out how please let me know. but dish network its possible for sure. might need a hd pvr like this if u cant figure it out
http://www.hauppauge.com/site/products/data_hdpvr.html

if your goal is to keep it on the computer or burn to a bluray blank then u should do that or if your goal is to make mkv x264 file as well. but if your going to burn it to a dvd after its almost pointless to go through that. might as well record it to dvd automatically from the dvr.
  04-20-2009, 02:11 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 66 posts since Apr 2009
I think it's Comcast cable actually. But I'll find out.

Darryl
  04-20-2009, 02:31 PM
Verified Member

Arcade Wins: Skate Boarder Champion
Stats: 3,625 posts since Oct 2006
Send a message via ICQ to konfusion Send a message via AIM to konfusion Send a message via MSN to konfusion Send a message via Yahoo to konfusion
there should be a way. hopefully im waiting for bluray recorders to hit the usa so i can get one of those..
  04-26-2009, 07:49 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 884 posts since Sep 2005
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by konfusion

there should be a way. hopefully im waiting for bluray recorders to hit the usa so i can get one of those..
I recall reading a few months back (somewhere) that they had no plans to bring them to the US. There was some reason why they did not want
them here. Best bet would be to import one from Japan, as they have been available for a few years now
  04-26-2009, 03:44 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Consumers rejected DVD recorders, so Blu-ray is a risk state-side. There were press releases on it, most video sites like Videohelp.com had info.