Go Back   TVPast Forums > TV Collector Resources > Record TV: Video Tech Support

05-01-2009, 02:51 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 621 posts since Jun 2005
hi, i bought a new computer and want it on our wireless network i have in the house. i have d-link wua 2340 adapter, but don't have the disc that came with it. i downloaded a driver from the d-link website, but when the computer as me to insert the disc, it states that i can't find the driver. anybody got any suggestions on this before i run out and buy a need d-link adapter (hate to have to do that). any and all help, suggestions, etc greatly appreciated. thanks stoogedog
  05-01-2009, 02:05 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
New computer -- Vista?
D-Link wireless adapter -- Vista compatible drivers?

05-01-2009, 11:05 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 584 posts since Jun 2005
Yup, typically its because its the wrong driver (they have soooo many models) or its not Vista compatible. Are you using the Windows "Discovered new hardware" routine to add the driver? If so, check the directory where you unzipped the driver, sometimes they have their own installation/setup program, it might work better.
  05-02-2009, 12:35 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 621 posts since Jun 2005
hi, thanks for the info. it is vista and the d-link is vista compatible. i probably downloaded the wrong driver. i was using "discovered new hardware".

would it work to go to add hardware or setup or what?

as always, any info appreciated. i wish i was as techie as most of yall. about all i can do is plug and play. thanks stoogedog
  05-03-2009, 06:48 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
I've never even used vista. I've only seen it at Best Buy.
  05-19-2009, 11:34 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 969 posts since Jun 2005
And you are much better off for it Bobby. Vista is just a large piece of crap. Stay with XP PRO.