Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News

04-13-2010, 11:59 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Stats: 57 posts since Jun 2009
This is your site. It's always been your site, and will continue to stay that way. Made by TV show and cartoon collectors, for TV show and cartoon collectors.

So give your input now on what you think would make for the best colors. It should look nice, yet still be readable. The site's layout is more or less done, but these ugly purples and drabby blues were just temporary.

The bluish-gray background can stay, or it can go. It's probably the best color here.

Link to some other sites you like.
Suggest your favorite colors.
Upload some JPEGs that you've painted in Photoshop.

I know we have a lot of talented artists and designers here, so put in your 2 cents, this is your TV collecting web home (right? yes?).

I want everybody here to come back to the site daily or even just a few times weekly. So what will be most pleasant to you, in that time? The main site -- with editorials, reviews and articles -- will be made to complement or match the forum, after everybody here has given some input, choices are made, and the forum is finished.

The goal for this site to be done has always been May 31, 2010, exactly 1 year from it's migration off old code, and expansion into the impressive site we all know it can be!

And if you don't care, hey, tell me "I don't care" -- that's still good feedback!

Thanks.
  04-13-2010, 12:44 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 211 posts since Dec 2009
Send a message via Yahoo to repeatshistory
I've always been a fan of the 'spruce green' and 'sand' colored old layouts for Windows, so those colors (the 'spruce' is actually more of a light green in this case) are vice. I like the purple that you've got, but it would be nicer with a different contrast color. Just a few ideas.
  04-13-2010, 03:06 PM
Verified Member

Arcade Wins: Dodge Ball Champion
Stats: 658 posts since Jul 2008
I like the site color but I would like to see more blue because blue is my favorite color.
  04-13-2010, 07:28 PM

Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 657 posts since Jul 2007
Send a message via AIM to jtmovies91
I would love to see some baby blue
  04-16-2010, 10:09 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Stats: 57 posts since Jun 2009
I'm amazed at the number of posts, PMs and emails that like purple. TVP may have purple in its future! A somewhat light and more vibrant blue, possibly with gradation into lighter blue. An earthy sand/tan/brown may leak into the design, too.

The articles portion of the site may complement the layout, but opt for green/gray/blue combo. You'll know you're on the same site, but it will be different enough that you know you're changing from "read mode" to "participate mode".

Comments? Like, dislike?

All input to date is appreciated, and it's not too late to add in your 2 cents.

Thanks.