Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News

04-16-2010, 01:23 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,856 posts since Jun 2005
first ad:

follow up ad:
  04-16-2010, 10:21 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Stats: 57 posts since Jun 2009
I almost don't even know how to respond to that.
Wow.

I think something like that would cause riots, boycotts and anger in the USA.

It reminds me 1850s-1950s products, such as Nigger Hair Tobacco or Darkie Tooth Paste. Most people are completely unaware of some of the things that used to be sold in the United States, many years ago. I'm sure Europe had similar things. Of course, it seems they're still making them!

Then again, the U.S. does still have Aunt Jemima brand food stuffs.

A few years ago (and possibly still today) Japan has a product called the "Brack Man Condom", so that you could "make love like Brack man". I saw it over at Engrish.com

Check out Spike Lee's movie The C.S.A. (Confederate States of America)

Is it innocent caricature or passive racism?