Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News

08-15-2005, 02:00 PM

Verified Member

Arcade Wins: QB Challenge Champion

Stats: 1,045 posts since Jun 2005
Hey I just wanted to get some feedback on both these shows. I haven't watch any of these series but I heard good things. Any feedback would be welcomed.

Also, I recommend this new show on FX called It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia. It's hilarious so far.

Raman
  08-15-2005, 03:21 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
The OC is excellent, Season 1 was really good, Season 2 only got good near the end. Its typical soap opera but its got great social commentary aspects and a lot of tounge in cheek stuff only people aged 18-35 would understand

Veronica Mars I have heard good things about thought, I think Brent and Deb watched that one a lot
  08-15-2005, 10:11 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,148 posts since Jun 2005
Veronica Mars is one of the best shows on television, IMHO. I didn't intend to even watch the show, but my sister-in-law was talking about how much she was looking forward to it, so I checked out the pilot. I was instantly hooked. The first season had an arc to it (solving the murder of Veronica's best friend, vindicating Veronica's father, the ex-sheriff, etc.), which really drove the show. Really well-written, well-acted, and with a number of surprising twists along the way. I don't know how the second season will shape up, as it won't be fueled by the emotional power of finding a best friend's murderer, but I'm looking forward to it. It sucks that it's opposite Lost, another show I love. And another show that I have trouble believing it will be as good as the first season, but we shall see! Soon ...
Update 7Feb12 - Still not really trading, except for a few selected sets for friends. Check out my fannish activities through my home page at http://www.debwalsh.com/. Thanks for your understanding! E-mail only - no PMs, please.
  08-17-2005, 05:44 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 399 posts since Jun 2005
O.C. is kinda of in the same mode as 90210 used to be and is generally lighter and more humourous version of One Tree Hill.

Veronica Mars storylines are well paced and there is usually a hook after every episode that makes you wish that the episode wasn't over yet. I've heard that they already have storylines planned for season 3.

O.C is good if you want to watch something light and isn't serious most of the time.

Veronica Mars is just good episodic television with great twists and turns.
  08-17-2005, 08:08 AM

Verified Member

Arcade Wins: QB Challenge Champion

Stats: 1,045 posts since Jun 2005
thanks for the input everybody.