Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Scripted TV: Sitcoms, Dramas, Scifi, Westerns

06-29-2005, 10:04 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,148 posts since Jun 2005
From TVShowsonDVD.com:

The show stars Kristen Bell and Enrico Colantoni, of course, and guest stars have included Paris Hilton, Alyson Hannigan, and Jonathan Taylor Thomas. October 11th is the street date, and $59.98 is the list price for a 6-DVD set with all 22 episodes from the show's first season. Video is in 16x9 Anamorphic Widescreen, and you'll get to see lots of extra footage including a Director's Cut of the Pilot episode, plus 25 minutes of unaired scenes and bloopers.

For more, including preliminary cover art, go to:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=3619
Update 7Feb12 - Still not really trading, except for a few selected sets for friends. Check out my fannish activities through my home page at http://www.debwalsh.com/. Thanks for your understanding! E-mail only - no PMs, please.
  06-29-2005, 11:09 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Quote:
quote:guest stars have included Paris Hilton, Alyson Hannigan, and Jonathan Taylor Thomas
That just talked me out of ever wanting to see this show!

I was going to see what it was about because you gave it such a high rating.
What is this show about again?
  06-30-2005, 02:37 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,148 posts since Jun 2005
Nah, you'd like the Paris Hilton episode - she gets her commuppence! That was one of the things that I liked about the show - name guest stars were used in unexpected ways. Hilton plays a spoiled rich girl who thinks she's invulnerable, only to learn that she's culled from the herd as soon as she strays from dating rich white (dare I say genetically stunted?) boys. Hanigan plays a generally unlikeable character, the ****ty, amoral, never-was actress sister of one of the main characters. Taylor Thomas plays an overly ambitious ATF agent who's infiltrated the high school in hopes of averting another Columbine, but he's so anxious to prove himself, he doesn't quibble over fabricating evidence.

The first season of Veronica Mars has been labelled "teen noir" - the premise is that about a year earlier, Veronica Mars' best friend, Lily Kane, was murdered. Veronica's father was the sheriff at the time, and he was convinced that Lily Kane's parents were hiding something significant, possibly even that one of them had killed Lily. Sheriff Dad ends up losing his job over this, and then his wife as well (she leaves town). So, enter the story a year later, Veronica has lost most of her friends, all of her social standing, her boyfriend (dead Lily's brother), and she still doesn't believe the real killer of her best friend has been caught. Her father is now a private investigator, so Veronica has access to tools that help her follow up on leads on Lily's killer. Along the way, she starts to rebuild her own life, solving mysteries for fellow students (for a fee, of course), forging new relationships with people she'd never have bothered with when she was in the upper crust of the school, and inching closer to correctly identifying the killer of her best friend.

This was a show I hadn't even planned to watch last year, but I gave it a chance based on early buzz - and found myself instantly addicted.
Update 7Feb12 - Still not really trading, except for a few selected sets for friends. Check out my fannish activities through my home page at http://www.debwalsh.com/. Thanks for your understanding! E-mail only - no PMs, please.