Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News

09-15-2005, 07:23 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
I know Joshua has a UPS account and I think Marcus has a FEDEX account, so my question are basic.

Does it cost money to start one and how reliable have they been? So far I am leaning towards either because there are multiple locations open when my wife gets home AND they have a better tracking system that never seems to be skipped like USPS

I have been screwed in the last 7 weeks by the USPS more times than a $2 phillapino prostitute on a naval base and I am freaking tired of it, they rip my packages that I get from others, dont leave me notes when something arrives or drop it off in front of my apt door to get taken by anyone walking by and I cant get them to ship anything with speed or conistency if my life depended on it
  09-15-2005, 11:45 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 458 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via AIM to gatch72 Send a message via Yahoo to gatch72
with fed ex..u can pick it up there too, when they leave you a note...plus they r open later than the post office.
  09-15-2005, 12:00 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 147 posts since Jun 2005
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by markatisu

$2 phillapino prostitute
Where can I find one of those?
  09-15-2005, 12:07 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,148 posts since Jun 2005
I have a UPS account - I've only used it a couple of times, but it's not bad. I've used it for large parcels, not trading discs, so I don't know how it would stack up price wise.
Update 7Feb12 - Still not really trading, except for a few selected sets for friends. Check out my fannish activities through my home page at http://www.debwalsh.com/. Thanks for your understanding! E-mail only - no PMs, please.
  09-15-2005, 12:57 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,189 posts since Apr 2005
Both are free. I had a UPS account at one time, but haven't used it and I didn't renew it when it came up.

Worked pretty easy. Just hit their website and punch all the info in. It will be much more expensive than Post Office though.
  09-15-2005, 03:42 PM
Verified Member

Right about now I dont really care about price, I just want to make sure it gets from Point A to Point B and the USPS is not cutting it. I spent over $65 in shipping and only 1 of 6 has gotten anything which all were sent Priority so From Sat/Mon to today it should have made it and people like Brent are only 3hrs from me

I checked into sending LS box for example, it was 4lb in a flat rate box that was 12 x 3.5 x 14 in. and it cost me $8.15 through USPS with DC to go the Flat Rate Priority

UPS would have been $8.65 to go UPS Ground and FEDEX would have been similar in price.

I DO see a big difference in letters though, to send what normally would be a flat rate $3.85-4.30 was $12.82 since they dont offer UPS Ground for letters.

So probably with Flat Rate I will just have to stick with Priority Mail but I think all my "boxed" stuff from now on will go UPS

Any other information is greatly appreciated from those that might have accounts

09-15-2005, 05:44 PM
Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 1,453 posts since Jun 2005
Sorry Mark, I don't have a Fed-Ex account anymore and haven't since they merged with Kinko. I've been very happy with the USPS, sorry you are having problems.
  09-15-2005, 06:27 PM
Verified Member

Yeah I am sorry too, one reason because it makes me look like a jackass for stuff not arriving in a timely manner and two because I paid for a service that was not provided as described

My wife has had to get on them for leaving the packages in our apt hallway, especially international ones that require a signature. I usually sleep from 7:30a-4 or 5pm on a good day so I never get the phone and the correct process is to leave us a pink slip to come pick it up, but lately I think they just dont care at times.

another example is Dan send me a ton of DVD's and the priority mail envelope arrived ripped in half, rubberbanded together. I mean I know I live in Podunk Iowa but this is not something that should be tolerated.

I mean I know this could be just bad luck or a bad time with USPS just like others have horrid times with UPS and Fedex but it just makes me mad when I say one thing and somebodys incompentance messes that up
  09-15-2005, 11:25 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,189 posts since Apr 2005
Just dive right in. When I did my UPS account it was SIMPLE. Just filled out some info on the web site. A few days later UPS man brought me a big box of envelopes and such.
  09-16-2005, 03:32 AM

Verified Member

Arcade Wins: Donkey Kong Champion
Stats: 135 posts since Jun 2005
The USPS is all f'ed up. I work in a mailroom for a university and we get all kinds of wrong crap. As far as my personal mail is concerned, the mailman just shoves as much as he/she can into my tiny mailbox. I have a note on my mailbox saying to leave big packages with my neighbor, but they usually just drop it in front of their door. Actually, I almost caught him dropping at my neighbors today, but he saw me and decided to bring it down. I really do hate the post office, but UPS or FedEx are just too expensive when shipping a few discs.

Just say no to DirecTV!!!
  09-17-2005, 06:13 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 1,139 posts since Jun 2005
ups, usps, upc,upn ,umc's,usda .. what does it all mean !!!! ????? ... lol, lol