Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News

03-03-2010, 06:48 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,781 posts since Aug 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to SavageAmusement
I have been contacted by numerous members, who have tried to click on a link, in an email from the site- and were then told they had no access to the link.
This is not an error.

What happens is this-

Users are logging in- lets say to post on a thread, create a thread-

Later on, could be moments, hours, days-
You receive an email- from the site saying "so and so has replied"

Sound familiar?
You then go to click the link- and get an error message.

This message is because in the time span of when you were logged in, to when you go the message- you are no longer logged in.

So while the site is letting you know someone replied, and it gives the link as to WHERE that reply was- in case you post numerous times-
Until you go to the home page and log BACK in-
it won't let you see the thread.

This is common for ANY site that has a password- since users may share an email address with family/friends- or in case you didn't log out.
The board doesn't know this is a trade site, this site could be used for banking for all it knows-
Hence, it has a timeout function.

I understand it can be frustrating to have to log back in, however, if I removed this- then it would add security flaws to the site.

I am sorry this has confused some members, in the future, all you need to do to see the thread or link is to log in-

I hope this helps relieve some confusion