Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News

03-10-2010, 11:29 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,781 posts since Aug 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to SavageAmusement
The 1980s teen heartthrob died early Wednesday morning, according to the Los Angeles Police Department . He was 38.
The Lost Boys star is believed to have died of an accidental drug overdose, police told the network. He was unresponsive when discovered in his apartment in L.A.'s San Fernando Valley. He was taken to Providence St. Joseph's Medical Center in nearby Burbank, where he was pronounced dead around 3 a.m.

The Canada-born actor, one-half of "The Coreys" along with Corey Feldman, had a history of battling drug addiction throughout his career.
In addition to his famous friendship, Haim made his debut feature film appearance in 1984 opposite Sarah Jessica Parker and Robert Downey Jr. in Firstborn. His breakthrough role came two years later with Lucas, alongside Charlie Sheen and Winona Ryder. Gigs in Lost Boys, License to Drive and Dream a Little Dream soon followed, as did countless teen magazine covers.
Following his heyday in the 1980s, Haim acted steadily, although most of his work wound up heading straight to video. He and Feldman attempted a comeback in 2007 with the short-lived A&E reality series, The Two Coreys.
  03-10-2010, 05:28 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,148 posts since Jun 2005
Such a shame. He had real talent - he was wonderful in Lucas. But he got caught up in the whole teen idol thing, and he never recovered.
Update 7Feb12 - Still not really trading, except for a few selected sets for friends. Check out my fannish activities through my home page at http://www.debwalsh.com/. Thanks for your understanding! E-mail only - no PMs, please.