Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News

03-27-2010, 01:19 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,781 posts since Aug 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to SavageAmusement
As read in tvFuton

Will “Transformers 3” be more than meets the eye?

Michael Bay says yes. The ”Transformers” director just released a statement outlining his general plan for the next installment in the franchise .

“’Transformers 3’ has been going very well,” Bay wrote on his website. “We are going to shoot in LA, Chicago, Washington DC, Florida, Texas, Africa, Moscow, and China. On the talent front, we just locked in Frances McDormand and John Malkovich. Both amazing actors I've always wanted to work with. We also just got Ken Jeong, he is the super funny actor stuck in the trunk from ‘Hangover’ and the Doctor from ‘Knocked Up.’”

Yes, you read correctly. Frances McDormand and John Malkovich have taken parts in “Transformers 3.” I might be mistaken, but isn’t this the final sign of the apocalypse? Even if it doesn’t mean the end of the world it definitely means the ends of a few careers in Hollywood.

In other career-killing news, Dimension Films has finally given the greenlight to “Scream 4.” Wes Craven will be back to direct some new doomed stars along with a few of the original cast members, including Courteney Cox and David Arquette, who are resurrecting their original parts.

Guess who else is in the business of resurrection?

Let me give you a hint: It’s a man, baby!

According to the Daily Telegraph, Mike Myers is working on a new “Austin Powers.”

"(Mike is) working on ideas for it, people are definitely talking about it and I'm all good for it," said Jay Roach, who directed the first three "Austin Powers” movies.

According to Roach, Myers will take the character "somewhere you haven't thought of."

I hope that means somewhere funny.
  03-28-2010, 11:03 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 324 posts since Nov 2009
I'm much more of a television guy than a movie guy, at least currently. I generally hate sequels as a rule, but there have been some exceptions that I can think of right off the bat.

Karate Kid Two I thought was pretty good. I think the key to its success was that it varied enough from the original, while retaining enough of the good aspects of the original. Being that they crammed most of the good stuff in the original movie and rushed certain aspects of the plot, I thought they could get a good trilogy by spreading it out in to 3 films.

Home Alone 2 I thought was pretty good, even though it was alot like the original. I guess I was just such a huge fan of the original, so I liked the second.

But once they started getting into 3 and 4, then things started going really down hill as they were just going to the well once too many times and trying to milk profits.
  03-28-2010, 05:55 PM
Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 207 posts since Nov 2009
Empire Stikes Back, Aliens and Terminator 2 have to be right up there as far as sequels go