Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News

05-28-2011, 11:05 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,781 posts since Aug 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to SavageAmusement
Fearless comedian Sandra Berhard is known for telling it like it is and in a visit to my show on HDNet, recalls being hit on by Arnold Schwarzenegger when she was "skinny as a stick" and says she's not so much surprised he got caught cheating, just that it took Maria Shriver so long to figure it out.

"In the '70s when I moved to LA I was on the beach by Gold's Gym. I was young skinny as a stick, staring at the ocean, dreaming of the future, and Arnold came up to me and he was hitting on me," Sandra told me at a taping of 'Naughty But Nice with Rob.' "I don't date Germans so nothing happened. But I love Maria Shriver. All these years it's been, what is she thinking? It's the Kennedy tragedy. Just to keep it going."

(FYI, Arnold is Austrian, not German.)

Like many others, Sandra wonders why Maria never noticed what was going on right under her nose but doesn't blame the housekeeper, Mildred Baena.

"I think she's a lovely person," she says.

On the subject of comedy, Sandra tells me her former boss Roseanne and the girls from 'SNL' still make her laugh, but when talking about younger comedians with similar, tell-it-like-it-is styles -- namely Chelsea Handler and Kathy Griffin -- she shows a bit more skepticism.

"I like Chelsea. She's more of a personality," Sandra explains, adding that she thinks Kathy's comedy is too "obvious" for her. "I think Kathy studied me in the early days. She borrowed a little bit. I like to keep it a little more intellectual. I just don't like to take it down to the obvious. It's not me. I was raised on sophistication."

Which might explain why she is not a big booster of Sarah Palin, telling me, "I heard she's buying a house in Arizona. Where she belongs. With the rest of the trash."

You can check out SandraBernhard.com for all her upcoming concert dates and information about her new comedy CD. For my complete interview with Sandra, tune into 'Naughty But Nice' exclusively on HDNet at 1 p.m. and 7 p.m. on Saturday.

Follow @NaughtyNiceRob on Twitter!