Verified Member

Stats: 411 posts since Jun 2005
To bad this isn't a real game

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1757730
  05-20-2007, 04:38 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
I wish that was real. One of the best things I've seen in a while now.
  05-22-2007, 04:12 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 884 posts since Sep 2005
Actually this might be a real game. The title mentioned "mugen" which is one of the biggest 2d type mods out there. I have a mugen pack now with over 800 characters from literally all of these types of games and more (such as omega tom hanks). My youtube page has Scorpion from Mortal Kombat fighting Wonder Woman from the dc heroes 2d fighter (I made the clip). Another match I made had Shockwave from the Transformers, Milina from Mortal kombat, Lion-o from the Thunder cats and lisa Simpson from the arcade simpsons fighting game in the early 90s all slugging it out on the screen at one time.

Will look into this further
  05-22-2007, 04:51 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
So these are really modded games? What game gets the mod? Street Fighter? And you have all kinds of characters?

I was making an X-MEN version of Wolfenstein 3D years ago (1995-1996), but I quit because it took too long.

05-22-2007, 06:50 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
Cool.
  05-22-2007, 08:22 AM

Verified Member

The actual game is called mugen (or m.u.g.e.n.). The game pretty much consist of ripped or hanfmadecharacters from other games fighting it out similar to a street fighter type game. Though I have heard of them ugen engine being used to make overhead games and other types of side scrollers (like final fight).

If you want 2d final fight/double dragon type of games then check out beats of rage and its zilion mods (www.lavalit.com)

ok I just checked on google, yup I was right it was some characters they added to one of the mugen games. I found the character (peter griffin), but its easier to just find the mod and dl the whole thing
  05-22-2007, 08:58 AM

Verified Member

ok just dled the very basic mugen which is what everyone starts with, added in peter griffin works fine--
  05-22-2007, 09:48 AM

Verified Member

here you go, this is the very basic version with Peter griffin, just so you can get an idea. I have some of the keys set for the game and depending on which key you push to select the characters it will make them different colors. In the one I have for you here, select Peter with the "S" button will give him his regular look. Link is only valid for several days

http://www.sendspace.com/file/t6ofdq