Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News

View Poll Results: What is your favorite "summer movie"
Grease 2 28.57%
Vacation 1 14.29%
Wet Hot American Summer 0 0%
Jaws 2 28.57%
Stand by Me 0 0%
American Graffiti 0 0%
A summer place 0 0%
Any good baseball movie!! 0 0%
Summer School 1 14.29%
Dirty Dancing 1 14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

05-28-2011, 11:16 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,781 posts since Aug 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to SavageAmusement
Summer is coming......and Grease may not be the word anymore, but its a good start!

So as your barbeque is heating, and the S'mores are toasting- what is your favorite summer flick?
  05-28-2011, 10:18 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 324 posts since Nov 2009
I haven't seen too many movies in my day, but I am going to go off the board and say Summer Rental, with the always delightful John Candy, John Larroquette, Rip Torn, Richard Crenna and Matthew Lawrence. And who could forget that Emmy-award worthy performance by Harry Yorku? Soundtrack featuring a guy known to love good weather, Jimmy Buffett.
  05-29-2011, 11:05 PM
Verified Member

Arcade Wins: Penguin Bash Champion

Stats: 353 posts since Nov 2009
Wow...well...while Grease and American Graffiti had absolutely GREAT music, as well as Stand By Me with equally great music and a really sweet Jerry O'Connell as a little kid...and Jaws was a thrill--kept lots of people out of the water for awhile!--Vacation...well, my family still calls Walmart "Wally-world"...Dirty Dancing-Patrick Swayze-yummy! =) ...and A Summer Place even had a steamy theme song...but I must put in my vote for Summer School. Not the greatest story...but...mmmm...MARK HARMON! He'll always get my vote! (ah, yes...Leroy Jethro Gibbs...I love NCIS.)