Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News

12-10-2005, 02:14 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 884 posts since Sep 2005
dang
if he did not abuse himself so much with drugs in the past, he still might be with us today
  12-10-2005, 11:26 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 584 posts since Jun 2005
Yeah, but then he would have missed half his best material! I remember watching his standup routine right after he got out of the hospital (burned himself freebasing cocaine). He spent a good deal of time poking fun about it.
  12-10-2005, 11:42 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 458 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via AIM to gatch72 Send a message via Yahoo to gatch72
He had MS...
  12-15-2005, 11:59 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
I remember being at home New Years Eve in the late 70's and Richard was on HBO. My mom was out that night and my grandmother is really cool and let me stay up and watch it. I think George Carlin was also on that special. I had a small cassette recorder and put it up to the TV and recorded Richard Pryor's act. I thnk I was about 9 or 10 years old. I then went and played the cassette to all my friends on the block. We thoght it was cool because Richard was cussing and swearing. (lol)