Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News

06-21-2005, 12:33 PM
Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 1,453 posts since Jun 2005
Yes, I just got back from the dentist-$1,000.00/hr to fix the idiot's work who referred me to him. What a scam! Dentists rank right up there with the oil companies, politicians (both Democrats & Republicans), used car salesmen. Everyone says attorneys are crooks (I never made $1000.00 an hour) try looking at dentists ; 1)their work is never guaranteed,2) you pay them to inflict serious pain on your person, 3) They know you will be back and begging. I somewhat believe they set you up to comeback.4) They now have the technology to make your mouth cavity free but they charge $200.00 a tooth.

Screw a national healthcare plan, how about a national dental plan. Someone has to stop these animals. I would be surprised to find out the anti-Christ is a dentist!

Do you know your teeth can kill you and may responsible for a majority of the illness people suffer! If my mouth wasn't so sore, I'd pull out all my teeth just to flip off the dentist.

I like smoothies- wonder what a steak and potato smoothie would be like?

Thanx guys I feel better!
  06-21-2005, 01:44 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,189 posts since Apr 2005
I'm a dentist hater myself. Can't stand it.

Definitely a scam. My wife recently had to crowns on her front teeth and one had to have a root canal (it had died from an old injury - and started to yellow). While working on the good tooth and gridning it to accept the crown, she started to feel it. When it was done they told her that if it continued to bother her, they'd have to do a root canal on it as well.

What!! So now we're supposed to pay for a root canal on a tooth that they screwed up?!?! I was griping the whole time and proclaiming "we're not paying for that one". Ultimately, she didn't need it, but I bet she will in the future.
  06-22-2005, 02:20 PM

Still hate them even more than yesterday!
  06-24-2005, 12:42 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 969 posts since Jun 2005
If you thinks dentists are bad, wait til you get to deal with a Pediatric Dentist. What a freakin rip off
  06-24-2005, 02:37 AM

They all suck!!!! You know they have dentists (endo something) that do nothing except fix other dentists screw ups!
  07-05-2005, 06:01 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
I had to go today for my regular check-up. I'm always so afraid they'll find something wrong and want to yank or drill or whatnot. But I got a clean bill of health.

X-rays and cleaning costs about $100 without insurance.