Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News

11-09-2006, 02:12 PM
Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 1,453 posts since Jun 2005
For all you losers who are are celebrating or drowning your sorrows about the elections! Get a life! It is still business as usual!Screw the American Public!

Signed a true INDEPENDENT!

11-09-2006, 02:37 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
I'm ecstastic. I no longer feel held hostage by a government that ignores me. I feel hope for improvement after 5-6 years of being beat down, sneered at, ignored, or told to like it or lump it. The winds of change are in the air. Breathe in or suffucate.

Democrats start their jobs in early 2007. They may not "fix" everything, but at least they are open to trying something new, not the pig-headed "stay the course" crap where failure is overlooked and glossed over without attempting other options.

We might even see some earnest attempts to fix problems at home. Iraq is not where 100% of our attention needs to be, nor the morality garbage they've attempted to stuff down our throats.

The country spoke, and overwhelmingly so. Let's just see how it goes before giving too much praise or complaint. Business starts in February or so, but I highly doubt it will be 'the usual' as defined by 2001-2006 standards.

-- From a moderate than tends to align with the Democratic Party.

11-09-2006, 11:31 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
The last time anything got done in this country it was when the president and the senate/house were from different offices so maybe we will get back on track somewhat.

the I party actually has 2 seats now LOL....slow progress but it will come!

At least the religious right took a shot in the face, that makes me most happy as the conservative base and their extreme right views were at least tempered

I dont claim that either party is better but no party is good without some sort of checks and balance and nobody in this forum can say that has been happening the last 6 years or so
  11-10-2006, 01:35 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 969 posts since Jun 2005
I agree. I'm waiting to see if the Dems will deliver on what they promised. Locally, they promised health care and property tax reform, but I doubt they will do anything about it. AND now gas prices will go up (as they already have) because of the shift in power. I neat thing I did see the other night on TV was that Chuck Norris went over to IRAQ to talk to the troops. I thought was cool. He did say that the media coverage here in America is not anything like what is actually going on over there. Evidently it is much better than the media is letting us in on, but that wouldn't have done well for the voting, so we get to see biased crap instead of the truth. Oh well, back to something a little more important.....my cartoons
  11-10-2006, 02:43 AM
Verified Member

LOL gas was going to go up regardless of who was in power, I told my wife that when it started coming down "coincidentally" in the months leading up to the elections.

"Evidently it is much better than the media is letting us in on, but that wouldn't have done well for the voting, so we get to see biased crap instead of the truth"

Well duh ha ha ha ha, Tcel did you just step off the boat LOL, the truth is from the view of the person telling it. I dont think things are awesome in Iraq and I dont think they are dismal either, from what I have read independently they are just a big cluster****. I dont think we need to cut and run and I dont think we need to press on and rule the country but somebody has to do something....thats why others get paid to make that decision
  11-10-2006, 02:56 AM

Again, read my first post. It's all an illusion. The Dems will start going after Bush and nothing will get done. Frankly, they will probably get themselves kicked out in two years because of it.

The only hope is that a lot of the Dems that were elected are conservative and may actually take control from Pelosi.

Guys, I'm sorry to break this to you but the hope you feel is all in your head.

Here is an interesting fact, the Dems have been trying to usurp our constitutional rights for years.
  11-10-2006, 03:42 AM
Verified Member

Marcus I think sometimes you would be happier six feet under ha ha ha

None of us REALLY believe these things are going to change or that is any difference between the parties but it does not benefit anyone to be a bitter old man who despises everything about politics. Its like a big movie with the plots and characters changing constantly, its all show and its not real but its fun to watch.

Trust me I am not sitting here praising god that the Dems won or have Democrat signs up like its the be all end all, but it was quite fun to see the people on FOX News act like they just got their genitals mutilated and hear people bicker back and forth.

In a time when you know you are going to get bend over and screwed you have to make fun for yourself!
  11-10-2006, 05:00 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 969 posts since Jun 2005
LOL Mark, No, I knew things were different from what we saw, I was just making a statement for CP She has a hard time followng sometimes....But really, any hope is better than none I do agree with Marcus about Pelosi, she is almost as bad as Hillary...
  11-10-2006, 06:24 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 614 posts since Jun 2005
Nope, still no real change.Pelosi,Hillary,Schumer,and most of the top democrat leaders all have something in common with the Republican administation in power.Know what it is?They were all pro torture, pro war, pro amnesty.Think of any of the other anti-constitutional legislation voted through the past four years and yep, you guessed it, they voted with the current administration.This election was good, if only to get back the facade of balancing power.They already stated there will be no impeachment proceedings against the current administration, no independant investigation of Iraq war crimes, no investigation to find out the real truth of 911.On and on.It's simply Team B coming back into power.Two arms on the same monster, nothing more.I too wish there would be change, but until we have a legit third party surface it'll be same old, same old.Republicans are in power, the Democrats raise hell and blame it all on them.Democrats are in power, Republicans raise hell blame it all on them.Sad people are still stuck in the left/right paradigm after all these years of no REAL change taking place.We've spent decades under Democrat/Republican leadership ignoring all of the real problems.Inflation, energy crisis,wide-open borders, social/education reform,crumbling infrastructure,all-time record level debt bubble,on and on.Politics as usual will be all we see.Lots of chest-thumping and back-slapping by the Democratic party.Then some lip service for their constituents, and nothing more.Remember don't look at a politicians platform, or what they say, look at their voting record.Time to stop being good Republicans, stop being good Democrats, and start being good Americans.We need real change, and we need it soon.And I am not Republican, nor Democrat,they work for the same global interests.I'm a Constitutionalist.Libertarian is same thing essentially.Oh yeah love that "Independant" Lieberman winning, what a joke.
  11-10-2006, 12:14 PM

Actually, I find it funny that the Dems think they have control of the Senate. Lieberman was reelected and I don't think he has any alligence to the Democrats anymore after the crap they pulled on him. I actually think some of the Dems that were elected may agree with the Republicans more than the Democrats. I do hope they do something about our dependence on oil from the Middle East and Chavez.

Al Quaiada seems to be pretty ecstastic about the Dems being elected too!
  11-10-2006, 12:27 PM
Verified Member

I think the "Moderate" Democrats are interesting, some are against abortion but for stem cell research which seems to be 1/2 of what each "side" agrees on

Lieberman winning as an independent made me chuckle though.

Chavez may not be the only concern given the recent elections down south, look at the Latin American map, its even moving into Central America. Though I would dare the US to attempt regime change in Latin America in 2006, something tells me that it just wont work as smoothly anymore lol
  11-10-2006, 02:24 PM

Verified Member

Yep good old American hegemony and Imperialism will only go so far with the rest of the world.Nothing like the government getting it's citizens to hate certain ethnic groups or regions to keep their minds off their country rotting from the inside around them.Guess it's our "ten minutes of hate" like in 1984, only worse.I'm more worried about the wide-open borders, giant debt bubble, tanking dollar, massive coming energy crisis,real estate bubble bursting,decimation of our constitution and Bill of Rights,warrantless spying,impending police state, illegal torture commited in our name, and oh another fifty or so horrors being committed by the people in power.Al-CIA-da is the least of my worries.They can't do all the things I listed to us.We have bottomless pockets when it comes to spending on wars, empty when it comes to dealing with real issues here in this country.At any rate all the partisan politics and two party system is designed to do is keep us all bickering and fighting amongst ourselves,while the real people in power slap backs and stuff their pockets full of our money, laughing at us all the time.We need to all work together to educate ourselves on the real issues, and the real power structures that lay before us.Otherwise these type of threads will always pop up with retorts based on party lines.

I wanna see someone run like in Brewster's Millions, vote for none of the above lol!
  11-10-2006, 03:21 PM

I've always felt that corporations have too much power in politics. The CIA overthrew the Equadorian government just because of Del Monte. Plus were spending BILLIONS on military hardware. If memory serves me right the GAO said the Pentagon couldn't account for a trillion dollars from 1990 to 2000. THat's a $100 billion a year-LOST!Of course the social programs don't do much better on their accounting either.

Democrats will be back on their a--es if we have another terrorist attack.

Did you know that in Utah, Colorado, and Wyoming that we have oil shales deposits that dwarf the Middle East, Mexico, Russia and Venezela? Supposably, the deposits are so large as to be able to supply the U.S. oil needs for the next 500 years. The technology is such now that we can actually produce it for about $10.00 a barrell.
  11-12-2006, 04:25 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 332 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to hordeprime
The Republicans got drunk on incumbency and power. Plus, they forgot they were supposed to govern like conservatives and made out with the taxpayer's dollars on junk like a 100 million dollar bridge in Alaska that only went to a small island. At least ten House seats were lost due to scandal. Hence, they were shown the door. Probably shouldn't surprise me.

I was pretty happy that Lincoln Chafee was given the boot. He wasn't a Republican in anything but name.
  11-15-2006, 07:03 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
I'm a Republican and that's that. Bottom line is if the Dems have their way we'll be fighting the war here on our own soil, have the terrorists tried in our court system, tax foreign oil, take away your right to protect your selves with guns, keep the boarders open for votes and destroy our economy as usual.

You should be thanking Mr. Bush that Mr. Terrorist hasn't done anything for awhile and our economy is on the rise. He's not the greatest president, but at least he trying to protect us. I'm glad we went into Iraq, weapons of mass destruction or not. Alot of the Middle east is screwed up and they hate us because we're not Muslim and they want to kill us and they will keep trying. The media makes it look worse that what it is. They make it look as is we're losing and everything is hopeless. I hope Iran gets whats coming to them next and so forth and so on. Modern Americans are such wussies and want to bake brownies, hold hands with the terrorists and fight a war PC.

If we had the Americans we have today back in WW2, we would of lost that war.
  11-15-2006, 12:09 PM

Well, they seem to be killing a lot more of their own (muslims) than Americans- wouldn't you say??

Bush (Rumsfield) screwed this war up by not following through 1) more troops to police and secure the borders, 2) Complete disbanding of the Iraqi army. If they hadn't made these mistakes I believe it would be a different story in Iraq now.

I do agree with you about having Bush in during 9/11. It scare me to imagine Al Gore being president during 9/11!

Personally, I wish we would give Iran a nuclear missile up close and personal. I've felt his way since the 70s (hostage crisis).

But as usual- both parties have screwed it up and left us the citizens to pay the price- both with our dollars and our blood.
  11-15-2006, 02:10 PM

Verified Member

I stick by what I said above lol.Same old, same old.I'm more afraid of the legislation that's been passed couple years by the current administration then I am of Al-cia-da.I just don't see any difference in the Republicans/Democrats, and for the life of me can't see how others do.They all vote alike, they all say exactly what their constituents want to hear, and all of the top leaders in both parties voted pro-war, pro-amnesty,pro-open borders, and for patriot act, for warrantless spying,etc, etc, etc, etc.It's just a huge joke at this point.I don't take any of them serious and hope others don't really either.I'll sit back and wait for all these huge changes that are obviously going to take place now that the Democrats are in power to save us all.I lost family in every major war since the first world war.I actually have two great uncles alive who fought in world war 2, once of which stormed the beaches of Normandy.They hate what's happening to the country right now themselves.Privacy is out the window, the constitution is being shredded, what is it again we are fighting to preserve????I'm confused on that for one.I'm 100% pro-america, but I'm anti globalists, I'm anti-military industrial complex, and I'm against anyone killing our constitution under the false pretense of "security." I just hope with the shift in the polls, people are starting to smell the stench of a rotting country, maybe now they'll wake up and make some changes for the better of the nation and their, and their descendants futures.I really hope for all our sakes some great changes are made and some of this horrible legislation is repealed.Anyone see all the people charged under the patriot act for terrorists activities like selling pot,selling knock off rubix cubes, sex on airplanes, etc.Disgusting....What we are seeing is 1984 coming to fruition right before our eyes, and sadly too many people are blind even with it unfolding in their own back yard.
  11-15-2006, 02:40 PM

Now that we have heard from the everything is a conspiracy side! Just joking weevil! I believe that incompetence, greed, selfishness, hatred probably has more to do with mankind problems then some grand conspiracy. I like the Ted Roosevelt statement of true American patriotism," An American isn't black, white, hispanic or declares himself from any particular country. His or her alligence is to the United States of America and the principles of which it is founded. I will stand,fight, and die with this person if their beliefs are those above!"

Sorry weevil, I have no sympathy for any of the enemy combantants, etc. that are in U.S. custody. Frankly if they are on the battlefield I think they should be shot on the spot!
  11-15-2006, 02:48 PM

Verified Member

I still love you marcus!Only trying to speak my truth brother and make a few more people use critical thinking!I don't have any love for terrorists or extremists either brother, but no American should be subjected to legislation that was promised to us as to be used against terrorists and extremists.Sex on a plane, selling pot, etc, in no way,shape, or form has anything to do with islamic extremists or terrorism.And as for how we treat the enemy, remember by passing that legislation on how we treat prisoners and altering essentially the geneva conventions, it'll be done to our boys too at some point.That's the shame in it, we lied and said we didn't torture that it was bad, then when evidence came out that we did, we said yep, but it's good!I don't like lies, can't stand them.And I can't stand to see our country's principles and morals flushed down the crapper for anything.It's what separates us from the other countries up until recently.We were held to a higher standard, because we always stood for higher standards.Less than one dozen of the people held at Guantanamo Bay have been charged with anything terrorist related, now that is scary.Starting to happen here at home as well with the police state coming into full swing right here in the states.How many people know we now have free speech "zones." It's like the twilight zone or something now, people are in such a state of denial it's scary.At war with East Eurasia, we've always been at war with East Eurasia.It's insane really.I guess it is much easier and comforting to think a bunch of guys in caves with laptops and leftover weapons from the cold war run the show.But anywho how about we just all hate on Ralph Nader?Micheal Moore maybe?Sound ok anyone?Lol....
  11-15-2006, 04:36 PM

I hate Michael Moore, I sort of like Ralph Nader. Sorry buddy, but if I paid for a plane ticket and someone thinks they can have sex on the same plane I'm riding better think again. Remember in elementary school and chewing gum. Better be willing to share with everyone. Really, get a hotel room! Sorry, I'm very anti-drugs!!!!!!!Yes, I did experiment and I'm sorry I did- I was lucky, a lot of others weren't.

Weevil, guess what??? Our soldiers have never been treated by Geneva convention rules. The Germans didn't, the Japanese didn't, the Koreans didn't,the North Vietnames didn't. The Islamic extremeist don't even give it a thought!!!!!!! Shoot the bastards and ask questions later in my motto!!!!!