Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News

09-05-2006, 01:29 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
http://www.kinkyfriedman.com/
  09-05-2006, 03:24 PM
Gramma of CPS

Stats: 4,271 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to cp32
Hey ! kinky & snakes goes hand in hand LS
  09-05-2006, 04:25 PM
Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 1,453 posts since Jun 2005
It is about TIME!

I saw the guy on 60 Minutes. I liked him!
  09-06-2006, 08:22 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 614 posts since Jun 2005
He had an awesome interview on the Alex Jones show.He said he'd finally do something to lock up the border in TX, and that he'd make sure to kill the whole toll-road situation that's about to screw Texas HARD.Hopefully the guy gets elected, the other candidates are a joke.Especially current governor Rick Perry.Sheesh....
  09-06-2006, 11:06 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 343 posts since Oct 2005
Send a message via AIM to Skuff Send a message via Yahoo to Skuff
Yeah, hopefully they don't shoot him down like they're good at doing.
  09-07-2006, 03:21 AM

He was interviewed on O'Reilly the other day and really came off well. I'd like to elect him president. He couldn't do any worse then the jokers we have in there since 1990!

It really bothers me that we have had a father & son elected president. Now they are talking about Hilary as president. Don't you think in a country of 300 million that we could at least find some more qualified people than a father and a son, and a former president's wife? If Jeb Bush get elected I'm for a revolt!

I really like the statement Kinky made in his interview, " A politician care only about his next election, a stateman cares about the next generation."
  09-07-2006, 03:34 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 614 posts since Jun 2005
Yep that's a huge part of the problem.There are an elite group whether people want to acknowledge it or not that seem to have too many hands in the pot, in too many facets of our world.If we end up having members of the same two families as presidents for a period of nearly twenty years than no one can deny it at that point.Hopefully with the populace waking up in ever-increasing numbers, we can still turn this all around and through our political process get our country back from the greedy hands of the globalist fascists who currently have seized power.Maybe....
  09-07-2006, 03:40 AM

I actually like the governor of Massachusetts Mitt Romney, even if he is a Mormon. Did you hear he refused to provide security or taxpayer funds to provide security for the former president of Iran?
  09-08-2006, 10:45 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 332 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to hordeprime
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by MagnificentMarcus

It really bothers me that we have had a father & son elected president. Now they are talking about Hilary as president. Don't you think in a country of 300 million that we could at least find some more qualified people than a father and a son, and a former president's wife? If Jeb Bush get elected I'm for a revolt!
Well, we did have John Adams and John Quincy Adams before, so it's not totally unprecedented. But I doubt it'll happen again in our lifetimes.

Heh...Hillary as a candidate. That would be something else.

Romney's pretty cool. The GOP doesn't exactly have a stable of appealing stars at the moment, so he might actually get the nod if he runs.
  09-08-2006, 12:42 PM
Gramma of CPS

Stats: 4,271 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to cp32
I m voting Peter Pan The Animated series lol
  09-12-2006, 08:49 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 969 posts since Jun 2005
What about the Brain? Pinky as vice Pres? I'd be all for that. Shoot, if the good people of the USA are dumb enough to vote Hillary in as President, I'm outta here faster than you can say CP-Holio!
  09-19-2006, 02:15 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 332 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to hordeprime
Speaking of Texas, here's a recent Survey USA poll on the race:

Rick Perry (R) 35%
Chris Bell (D) 23%
Kinky Friedman (I) 23%
Carole Strayhorn (I) 15%
James Werner (L) 2%
  09-19-2006, 06:31 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,856 posts since Jun 2005
can someone explain why you expect ANY president/leader to do any good for your country/world and you?

how can any leader change the global nature of the world today?

they are there to line their own pockets. plain & simple. if they happen to do some good, so be it.

even the most sincere person will find their hands tied due to the system and those who influence the system, say tobacco & oil companies.

at the end of the day, they can play one section of the country against the other. so you won't get enough of the people singing from the same sheet to do any "real good".

example, during the early thatcher years, she & the media managed to convince enough of the people that unions were bad news for the country. picked on arthur scargill and the miners as guinea pigs. what people don't know was that as she was shutting down coal mines, she was buying up shares in coal mine companies in the USA! talk about insider dealing! well, it is good that she made tons of money and that some of those miner's families are still in the doldrums today.

two sides, person comes in the middle, plays one against the other, and whilst doing some good for the country(?), lines their own pocket.

hey, isn't there a film or two about this? lone samurai anyone? or fistful of dollars?

in the UK we have 2 levels of government, local and national. i have never seen my local representative. so why should i vote for her/him? let alone someone who is running things from 10 downing street.

even the manifesto the politicians stand for is tossed out the window once they get into power.

we have a mayor of london now. and yes he has increased the number of buses and routes in london. but the deal he cut with the bus operators, or the deal that forced onto him, has made it such that instead of having car traffic, we have daisy-chained bus traffic instead. prices have tripled/quadrupled and we are still stuck in traffic. well done indeed. oh, and for this and other good things he has done for londoners, his salary, which he himself hands out, has shot up.

do i think the next official in charge is going to do any better. NO WAY.

i have never voted. never felt anyone had any "real" policies nor do i trust any of these people. if i was forced to vote, i would only do so, so that a racist/bigot didn't get into power.

finally, i think the real power is in your individual hands. you want to change global warming, its in your hands. you want to make the third world less poor, its in your hands.

jeez, time for me to get of my soapbox.

i open the court to anyone here to come up with a really good reason, or two, to believe the next candidate and why she/he will actually make a difference.
  09-19-2006, 11:31 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 969 posts since Jun 2005
How about this reason: Just Because! LOL, it worked when I was little
  09-20-2006, 12:41 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,856 posts since Jun 2005
well people, i guess i'm just having a bad day.
i'm sure if you look hard enough, you'll find something to vote for.

i think we should have elections like in some south-east asian countries i could mention .. but won't because i'll be hanged for it!

it is compulsory in these countries. and everyone i know votes. and everyone i know always votes for anyone but the current incumbent.

however, the current incumbent always wins! large or small margins don't matter. the same guy always wins. stays in power for what? 20 or maybe 30 years!

now why wouldn't you want something like that over here in the west?