Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News

10-31-2006, 01:40 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,781 posts since Aug 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to SavageAmusement
Is it just me or has customer service gone downhill?

I have done customer service, several times in my life.
Granted annoying people come-
Annoying people live

But, I was always taught to use what decorum you can, and when your ready to lose it, get a manager so if someone is going to lose it, its them.

The last 3 days- wether by phone or in person I have had the WORST experience.

As some know I just had a flood- so I am in the middle of hiring/researching contractors, electricians-
and IF I get a human on the phone, after pressin 9, then 32, thn 2, then spinning, painting a cat black, dialing 8 again waiting 2 mintues that is-
THEN they act annoiyed with me for asking questions.

Tonight I went out to eat with friends for my b-day
and the waiter was annoyed.
I wanted a refill of water that was annoying- I wanted to know what the soups were- and he said we have chili, and chicken noodle and one other.
SO I said whats the one other- he asked me "are you serious? you want me to run back to the kitchen to ask"
and I said please?
he came back saying it was clam choweder and when I said I didn't want it, he said so I wasted my time?

What The HELL!

Grrr.
if you serve people, be prepared to answer questions- and be polite for crying out loud.
Don't make the person feel BAD for wanting something wether it be water or an answer

10-31-2006, 02:26 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 411 posts since Jun 2005
I feel for you, I have had a bad run with foo service people too....

remember the 3rd Rock From The Sun episode when Dick learns about tipping?

He goes out to dinner a with a stack of cash, lays it on the table and tells the waitress that it is her "potential tip" every time she screws up he takes away from the tip....man it was a great episode and a GREAT way to ensure decent customer service.

I haven't tried it yet, but I plan on it.
  10-31-2006, 03:02 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
If customer service people are not cooperative, reasonably polite, or knowledgeable .... or if they're already just sort of having a bad day .... I'll give them a quick chance to get it together.

My first response is a reality check. I may ask them what's wrong, or I may simply suggest they snap out their funk and get back to work. Brood and rant after hours. Maybe tell a joke and make them smile again (works great with females!).

I am a patient and understanding person, but if after I tried all that ... and you still push your luck, I will verbally rape you on the spot.

^^ -- See that avatar of mine? There is some truth to that.
  10-31-2006, 09:51 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 1,139 posts since Jun 2005
yup,.. but i don't give them a chance ,..lol
i attack from the begining then ask out loud for their mgr.

then i verbally abuse their magr in public ,.. till they beg my forgivness ... and i'm sure the mgr ,.. returns the favor to thier employee.

just my lil'way of sharing a bad attitude,.. ohh and out loud i make it very clear the money i'm paying for my food is prob more than their days wage.

savage ,.. i would had verbally lynched your waiter !!!!
  11-01-2006, 02:40 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
Yeah I agree that customer service has gone downhill real fast.

Lately I have tended to just talk REALLY loud about the bad service so that the other patrons can hear and that usually gets your server to help you much better.

You know the kind of conversations like "wow it would be NICE if I could get somebody to do their JOB here!"

Just yesterday we went to get something off layaway at Walmart and nobody wanted to help us, right behind the doors we could see the manager berating his employees but not helping us. So I turned towards the door and said loud as could be "Wow you know it would not hurt some people to practice what they preached"...then I looked through the window right at the manager and the next thing we heard was "go do that layaway"

I have no qualms about acting like an *** when its my money involved