Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > The Coffee Clutch: TV Talk and News

12-06-2006, 12:31 PM

Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 222 posts since Jun 2005
I am not sure whats up but everytime I try to log into chat i get an error message that says my user id is already not logged in (or not logged out) and it instructs me to log out for a few minutes and try agian - but that doesn't help - all that happens then is that I can see ....wait for it... myself in chat. I have not been able to chat for months nows- Where's the love gone? I have even tried restarting the computer - using another computer and logging off for days in a row and still get the same message. What can I do?
  12-06-2006, 12:54 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
If you close the chat window instead of using the LOGOUT button, it will lock you out until the timeout period (30 minutes of inactivity and anybody left in chat is 'put to sleep' and booted). Then you can re-login. The easy fix is to always logout, don't just close the window.

12-07-2006, 01:15 AM

Stats: 222 posts since Jun 2005
i will try it
  12-09-2006, 01:15 PM

Stats: 744 posts since Jun 2005
im locked out right now, and I wanna talk to my homie GR
  12-10-2006, 04:44 PM
Gramma of CPS

Stats: 4,271 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to cp32
I had problems getting into chat too. I gave up :P
  12-10-2006, 05:56 PM
Verified Member

Arcade Wins: Skate Boarder Champion
Stats: 3,625 posts since Oct 2006
Send a message via ICQ to konfusion Send a message via AIM to konfusion Send a message via MSN to konfusion Send a message via Yahoo to konfusion
lol.. before i installed explorer 7 i had issues getting the chat to work after i click the x off. i have a stupid habit of never clicking log out but with IE 7 i can forget to log out and then it opens up still and lets me in. before i kept getting the stupid error. Everything works great now