06-05-2005, 03:31 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 19 posts since Jun 2005
I am currently using a DVD Recorder and using DVD-Ram. I import the video from these discs into my computer using Ulead DVD Moviefactory 3 Disc Creator. This converts the file into mpeg format and then I can burn them to a disc. Recently, it has been saying, "An error occured while importing." Do you have any recomendations on what program(s) to use to import DVD-Ram video?

Thank you for your time.

Daniel
  06-05-2005, 03:43 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,760 posts since May 2005
You let it "convert" the file? That's not good at all.

The VRO files on DVD-RAM are already MPEG files. Just copy them to the hard drive in Windows, and then rename them from .VRO to .MPG.

You can then use any number of MPEG editing programs to edit. Womble MPEG VCR, Womble MPEG Video Wizard, VideoRedo, even the MPEG tools inside TMPGEnc.

Try that.
  06-05-2005, 04:20 AM

Verified Member

Thanks for the info. Having some fun with the ladies?
  06-05-2005, 04:29 AM

Verified Member

When I try to copy them to the hard drive it says this: Error Copying File or Folder: Cannot Copy VR_Movieata Error (cyclic redundancy check)
  06-05-2005, 05:46 AM

Your disc may simply be bad, or the drive is having a hard time reading it.
  06-05-2005, 08:33 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
Does this happen with all your discs or just the one? If it is happening with all the discs you might need to take the unit back and get a replacement
  06-05-2005, 11:45 AM

Verified Member

It happens occasionaly, once every three times. It gets annoying. I don't think I can take it back since I cut out the UPC for the rebate.
  06-05-2005, 03:41 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
"cyclic redundancy check" that usually means the drive cannot read it due to it either being a bad burn or just a not so good disc, but often I have seen the dvd reader be just as much at fault

Since you cannot take it back I guess the only 2 options are to either get a new brand of DVD-RAM and see if they do the same thing or get a new DVD-ROM like a Liteon or BTC and see if it was just the reader

Probably getting a new DVD-ROM would be cheaper because then if it did not work and you still got "cyclic redundancy check" you could take it back and then you would know to just switch disc brands/kinds
  06-05-2005, 09:00 PM

For RAM disc, you need an LG or a newer Pioneer burner. Few things read RAM. Not to mention VRO format is crap, and RAM is crap. I don't know why anybody wastes their time on these machines, they do not make 100% compliant DVD-Video spec discs.
  06-06-2005, 08:12 AM

Verified Member

I personally like Ram because you can edit anything on the disc. My burner requires you to finalize a -RW disc which is pure nonsense. You can't you it again after that. Ram allows you to use it again and again. Today I bought a few different types of Ram discs and I will try them out. I have a Pioneer burner.
  06-06-2005, 09:25 AM

You can erase a RW disc and use it again.