Go Back   TVPast Forums > TV Collector Resources > Record TV: Video Tech Support

01-14-2006, 03:30 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 269 posts since Jun 2005
Hi guys...yet another question.

Here's en equipment description. I have a PrimeImage TBC/Freeze II, model. Its funtions include video, setup, and chroma/advamced chroma level adjustments, Auto Gain Control, Hue, selections between field and frame freeze, low and high level detail enhancement. Y/C delay, field/frame strobe, rate of strobe, horizontal and burst phase, and a comb filter.

OK, now I'm trying to transfer some VHS-based stuff to DVD. My VHS stuff is all copy protected (like Disney stuff).

My problem that it appears the TBC isn't overcoming the copy protection. When I play the video through the TBC the screen jumps sporadically. Each time it jumps, the field freeze indicator light comes on.

How can I overcome this? PrimeImage is supposed to be some pretty good equipment.

Look forward to hearing back.

Tks...Tom
  01-20-2006, 01:18 PM
Gramma of CPS

Stats: 4,271 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to cp32
videostabilizer will fix that. removes macrovision from Disney tapes too.

I recommend the RX II . I ve had nothing but good luck with mine.first one lasted 8 yrs. It runs on a 9 volt battery. usually cost 30 -40 .00
Works with most dvdrecorders too ,except zenith . Easy fix there. Vhs to vhs then to dvd ( wink).

Recorders I do it works with. which I ve rented in the past :
Philips
Panasonic
sanyo
  01-20-2006, 01:38 PM

Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 648 posts since Jun 2005
It also works with RCA. I can personally vouch for that one!
  01-20-2006, 11:39 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 269 posts since Jun 2005
Wow...Tks Guys!!