01-29-2006, 03:27 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
I will try to keep this updated with as many valid and good international sites I can find. If you know of one not listed post it here and I will update the page so we can all start enjoying the shows we love

Keep the following in mind
  • You will need either a VISA or Mastercard, Discover and American Express are not guaranteed to be accepted
  • Titles may not always been in their "American" names, you can easily find online what the show is called in foreign countries
  • Keep shipping and handling in mind. Some places like HMV in Australia will charge you $7 flat to ship your item while others like DVDGO in Spain will charge $40
  • Not every show is in English, pay VERY close attention to the languages. Germany and Spain are infamous for allowing English on a lot of their sets but countries like France and Japan refuse to do anything but their native language. Amazon's sites are usually a good place to find out if the DVD is multi-lingual then you search other stores for it cheaper

UNITED STATES
CANADA
UNITED KINGDOM
  • Amazon.co.uk - Usually have deals on multiple volumes, good shipping price
  • Sendit.com (formerly blackstar.co.uk) - Their prices are not that bad and I used to get my items shipped faster from them, then getting similar items shipped from California
  • HMV.co.uk - Shipping can be expensive, not the best and most updated inventory

GERMANY
  • Computeruniverse.net - Has a LOT of rarities but sometimes hard to navigate, easier to just try searching by name
  • Amazon.de - Easiest way is to search by categories and then just hit next page

SPAIN

AUSTRALIA

• Atlanticdvd.com.au - They will make a small charge of $0.01 on your CC to validate its you before you can order, you will need to reply to them via email to let them know what the exact amt was and then everything will process. (They deduct any 1 or 2 cents they charge from your overall purchase)
  • Ezydvd.com.au
  • HMV.com.au - Almost flat rate shipping of $7 to US. Uses secure VISA so you are guaranteed to be protected by your CC company against fraud.
  • Devoteddvd.com.au
ITALY

JAPAN
  • Angelfire.com/ny/henshin - Guy in NY who travels to Japan about 1-2 every few months and brings back retails. $12-15 per disc but compared to JP retail costs that is actually a discount. Has a lot of rare series that would cost thousands if bought individually disc by disc from Japan. I can personally vouch for him but it takes often 6 weeks to get your order because he might be sending it from Japan
  • CDjapan.co.jp - Good selection but very high prices (Japanese retail is much more than US or UK retail)
  • HMV.co.jp
  • Mandarakela.com (being updated at the moment) - This is the first U.S. branch for the legendary Japanese anime "mega-store". Mandarake specializes in second-hand anime items, but don't be
  03-03-2006, 02:34 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,148 posts since Jun 2005
Outstanding list. Maybe this should be a sticky?

I have another UK site I need to dig up to add - MVC. I don't remember the exact address, but I'll get that to add. The nice thing about them is they often have exclusives, and they often run sales. I found a neat French site, too, but I've never ordered from them.

Shall we add Canadian sites as well? There are some nice Canadian exclusives, primarily live action ...
Update 7Feb12 - Still not really trading, except for a few selected sets for friends. Check out my fannish activities through my home page at http://www.debwalsh.com/. Thanks for your understanding! E-mail only - no PMs, please.
  03-13-2006, 09:32 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Also remember to shop around!
USA - www.pricegrabber.com - www.pricerunner.com
UK - www.pricerunner.co.uk
Spain - www.dvdinfo.com.es

Maybe check out reviews on the DVDs...
Spain releases - www.dvdenlared.com/dvd/animacion
Anime releases - www.animeondvd.com

03-22-2006, 05:19 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 241 posts since Jun 2005
http://www.ezydvd.com.au - They are getting expensive on shipping. It can be $20-$30 extra for shipping out of country now.
  05-23-2006, 04:06 PM

Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 227 posts since Jun 2005
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by markatisuCHINA and HONG KONG
http://www.11china.com - Decent prices on everything, including shipping, pretty fast. Has a lot of HK discs.
I've been trying this link for a couple of months, and it's never worked for me.
  05-23-2006, 05:17 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
The China/HK site was probably shut down in all those bootleg raids over there. It sold tons and tons of fake DVDs, in addition to the HK unofficial anime and some legit VCD/CVD/DVD releases. Oh well.
  12-10-2006, 07:49 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 27 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via MSN to Vintrus
also for the states i use http://www.dvdpacific.com
  03-30-2007, 03:54 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 9 posts since Mar 2007
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jenstewart

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by markatisu
http://www.11china.com - Decent prices on everything, including shipping, pretty fast. Has a lot of HK discs.
I've been trying this link for a couple of months, and it's never worked for me.
Now it's a creepy pR0n site
  07-11-2007, 06:26 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 482 posts since Jun 2005
I'd like to add http://www.rightstuf.com to the list, I was able to pick up the entire Gatchaman (I) dvd collector box collection (all 9 boxes) for $12.99 per box. This was just great, especially since other sites only had a few volumes of the collection, or were completely sold out of collection(s) alltogether. Of those sites that did have some of the volumes available, prices for the boxed collections ranged from $23.99-$34.95. And ebay, well, their pricing was *predictably* overpriced.

As for "processing" & delivery turn-around time, I ordered the collections on 7-5-07, and the box was delivered to my door on 7-11-07. All in all, I had a great (1st) experience with this online store. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for Anime on DVD.