Go Back   TVPast Forums > TV Collector Resources > Buy TV: Shopping Deals and Tips

10-14-2006, 04:52 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
After 2½ years of Netflix (since April 2004), I've apparently rented or watched anything I wanted to see, more or less. Also, I don't have the money for it right now, I may be moving someday soon, and I just don't really have time for renting these days.

But for 2½ years, I could not have asked for a better rental service. I tallied up everything I had ever rented, and what I had ever paid, and it came down to $1.83 per DVD. Not too shabby at all.

If you've been considering an online rental service, and were thinking of doing Netflix, go for it. In maybe 6-8 months, I'll probably get myself an account again, to watch anything that will likely hit DVD in that timeframe.

Just a really nice overall experience.

10-14-2006, 05:21 AM

Verified Member

Arcade Wins: QB Challenge Champion

Stats: 1,045 posts since Jun 2005
i'm almost there. I have 30 dvds left in my Q.
  10-14-2006, 09:35 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
yeah we keep it around even though we dont rent much. The $20 I pay for the 3 DVD plan always works itself out especially when some of the higher priced DVD's get released and they are just not in my budget.

But they have never screwed me, always send me discs in 1-2 days and even when someone stole the netflix discs I returned (I put them in the outgoing mail and they never made it to Netflix) they just said thanks for letting us know and shipped out my next discs. They replaced any that were broke or scratched within 24 hours with an apology note for what happened.

I also tried Blockbuster Online and cancelled them in under 7 days because they never had in stock what they claimed, refused to fix any discs that were broken/scratched and just were a crappy service overall, I have had Netflix now for almost 3 years and dont regret the $120 it costs us a year to be members!