Go Back   TVPast Forums > TV Collector Resources > Buy TV: Shopping Deals and Tips

12-12-2007, 03:39 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
I sent maybe 10-12 discs to a UK trader, and the post office charged $7.30 for the envelope. I sent 4 discs to another UK trader, and it was $4.50.

WTF?

I knew rates went up a few months ago, but good grief!

Anybody else noticed this nutsy pricing? I don't think it works that way in opposite. The UK to USA rates, I believe, are still within reason.

This won't deter me from trading with my overseas friends, but I'll grumble a bit more when leaving the post office. More than normal, that is.

12-14-2007, 06:05 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,781 posts since Aug 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to SavageAmusement
You dont have to tell me.
I shipped 2 packages this month.
one was less than a pound 14.88

one was slightly over 18.92

F'ing ridiclous.

and the kicker is they STILL haven't gotten them.
Its been two weeks.

isn't there a flat rate envelope now tho- 55 discs can fit in it for 11.45

I swear I was told that
  12-14-2007, 07:41 PM

$11.45 is the domestic rate, not the international rate.
Flat Rate Priority boxes.

12-14-2007, 08:37 PM
Verified Member

Arcade Wins: Skate Boarder Champion
Stats: 3,625 posts since Oct 2006
Send a message via ICQ to konfusion Send a message via AIM to konfusion Send a message via MSN to konfusion Send a message via Yahoo to konfusion
i only use global priority with international. if im going to pay 12$ though it has to be a big trade.

actually you can fit like 80 in those envelopes if you do it right. put 1-2 discs in a sleeve then make 2 big stacks rubber band them up and the will be like 2 bricks. Just put those 2 bricks in the flatrate envelope close it up put tape on it and there you go. Discs wont break cause its 2 big bricks. Now if your shipping Cases/Artwork. that has to be way to expensive to ship internationally priority wise.

12-14-2007, 09:27 PM

Global Priority mail is gone.
Airmail is gone too.

Since June, it's all First Class or First Class International.
Then it's Priority Mail or Priority Mail International.

Also, things are now weighed by an adjust scale that includes box size. If a large box weights 1 pound, it might be a 5-pound charge due to the box size.

USPS is screwing us. I won't blame them, however, it's the oil prices that did it. Arabs are screwing us (OPEC).

12-15-2007, 02:25 AM

Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 130 posts since Jul 2007
Thats nothing, If i ship over 1kg to over seas it costs me 46$!! Under 1kg is 28$!!
  12-15-2007, 04:11 AM
Verified Member

Arcade Wins: Skate Boarder Champion
Stats: 3,625 posts since Oct 2006
Send a message via ICQ to konfusion Send a message via AIM to konfusion Send a message via MSN to konfusion Send a message via Yahoo to konfusion
priority mail international is what i ment. i just use the old flatrate envelopes