Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Scripted TV: Sitcoms, Dramas, Scifi, Westerns

11-15-2005, 11:05 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/index.php?id=33301

Night Stalker Gets Staked

ABC has canceled Night Stalker, the second time the network has given the axe to a series about reporter Carl Kolchak and his pursuit of supernatural phenomena, Variety reported.

ABC halted production on the series, an update of the 1970s series Kolchak: The Night Stalker, effective immediately. The episode originally scheduled for this week will be replaced by a two-hour edition of Primetime Live. The original Kolchak: The Night Stalker lasted one season on ABC (1974-'75).

Six episodes of Night Stalker have aired, while three more episodes are in the can, including the original pilot. The series' ratings in the 9 p.m. Thursday slot, opposite CSI and The Apprentice, were predictably poor, last week dipping to just under 4 million viewers.

11-15-2005, 11:18 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 584 posts since Jun 2005
dang, it was just starting to get good. They cancelled it in the middle of a two-parter.
  11-15-2005, 12:51 PM

Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 648 posts since Jun 2005
I dont know if the show was anywhere close to being good. It always felt like a poor man's Xfiles to me...but without the intriguing storylines and characters!
  11-15-2005, 01:00 PM

Stats: 1,453 posts since Jun 2005
I guess that is why you liked it Tekken! I don't think anything could be as bad as the last four seasons of X-Files!
  11-15-2005, 11:43 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,148 posts since Jun 2005
I have the unaired pilot, although I still haven't gotten around to watching it. I've asked my contact in LA to look for the unaired episodes (he works in a post production house, and all sorts of odd cool things show up there - like the 7 unaired episodes Eyes, etc.).
Update 7Feb12 - Still not really trading, except for a few selected sets for friends. Check out my fannish activities through my home page at http://www.debwalsh.com/. Thanks for your understanding! E-mail only - no PMs, please.
  11-16-2005, 02:55 AM

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by MagnificentMarcus

I guess that is why you liked it Tekken! I don't think anything could be as bad as the last four seasons of X-Files!
What do you know--Power Puff Girls is still your favorite show!!
  11-16-2005, 03:32 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by tekken1701
Then he's in luck! I'm making set. Should I use pink DVD-R too?
  11-16-2005, 10:18 AM

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by lordsmurf

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by tekken1701
Then he's in luck! I'm making set. Should I use pink DVD-R too?
Definitely so...with neon purple writing!!!
  11-17-2005, 02:19 AM

Stats: 1,453 posts since Jun 2005
I don't have a set, but I know this guy in Florida who is a loyal fan. I only wanted a set for my nieces, but it appears that they have out grown the show and are no longer interested.