Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Scripted TV: Sitcoms, Dramas, Scifi, Westerns

03-03-2006, 12:04 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 960 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to battle7
According to an article in the Sci Fi magazine, Sci Fi channel is to air the unaired episodes of the new Koplchack the Night Stalker series that got canceled. Unfortunately it did not give a date.
  03-03-2006, 12:15 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
The date is supposed to be summer or fall 2006.
  03-03-2006, 02:30 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,148 posts since Jun 2005
The whole series is due out on commercial DVD, as well. I forget the date - it's been posted at TVShowsonDVD.com.
Update 7Feb12 - Still not really trading, except for a few selected sets for friends. Check out my fannish activities through my home page at http://www.debwalsh.com/. Thanks for your understanding! E-mail only - no PMs, please.
  03-03-2006, 09:46 PM

Verified Member

lol, man that was fast!!!
  03-04-2006, 06:32 AM
Verified Member

Well, I think the success of the show at iTunes - where you can now download all of the unaired episodes - has helped. Apparently the iTunes downloads have helped The Office. Networks are having to learn new ways to not only market but measure the success of shows.

There've been some interesting articles recently about Disney's High School Musical - they used some innovative marketing tools, and like 4 of the songs introduced in the telemovie are on Billboard's top 100. The cast album has gone platinum, and several songs are top-sellers at iTunes. The film has done so well, the DVD release is now scheduled for May, and a sequel is already in development. Disney's using things like online promotion, iTunes, etc., to promote it, and it's paid off hugely.

Pity the iTunes tie-in didn't pay off for Surface. I've heard nothing about renewal, and I doubt we will - the finale, which I thought was pretty kick*ss, scored poorly in the ratings.

The landscape is changing.
Update 7Feb12 - Still not really trading, except for a few selected sets for friends. Check out my fannish activities through my home page at http://www.debwalsh.com/. Thanks for your understanding! E-mail only - no PMs, please.
  03-04-2006, 11:11 AM

Verified Member

Maybe, they hope the dvd can recoop some of the losses.
  03-04-2006, 11:27 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Well, Disney's "High School Musical" is also advertised on pretty much every Disney channel at every commercial break. I've seen the advertisements so many times that I already hate the movie and never want to watch it. Not to mention all those "counters" they put on top of cartoons a few days before it premiered, counting down the seconds/minutes/hours before it came on, ruined all my recordings.

I really hope that's not the way of the future.
  03-04-2006, 12:31 PM
Verified Member

Disney's been using those counters for at least two years, at least since I started recording Lilo and Stitch. Whenever they've got something new debuting, they seem to promote the heck out of it, and overlay promotion on the programs. The difference for High School Musical is that they had a cast album ready to release days before the film debuted, and used a lot of online resources to promote it - the subsidiary merchandising is going through the roof.

Personally, I loved High School Musical, but I tend to really like the DCOMs. The Zenon and Halloweentown trilogies are among my favorites. I've always loved Disney movies, both theatrical and made for TV. I really need to take some of the ones I have on Beta tape from the '80s and put those on disc ...