Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Scripted TV: Sitcoms, Dramas, Scifi, Westerns

06-28-2005, 09:53 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
After a federal judge last Friday granted a preliminary injunction that would have forced Warner Bros. to cancel its Aug. 5 release of The Dukes of Hazzard, the studio has settled a lawsuit filed by producer Robert B. Clark for an undisclosed sum. Clark had charged that when Warners bought TV rights to his 1975 film Moonrunners, on which the original Dukes of Hazzard series was based, it did not also buy movie rights. In issuing injunctive relief last Friday, Judge Allen Feess remarked, "Plaintiffs have shown a likelihood that they will be able to prove at trial that they have an ownership interest in the Dukes of Hazzard film." Neither side would discuss the settlement outcome.