Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Scripted TV: Sitcoms, Dramas, Scifi, Westerns

09-01-2006, 04:41 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 1,457 posts since Jun 2005
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=6373
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=6374

Use tinyurl its fun http://tinyurl.com/
  09-01-2006, 05:07 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOO

See that is why we record what they do, I dont care if its perfect HD quality the music was essential to the show as it dated it and the genres that were popular (the back to africa movement, the start of R&B on the rise, etc)

I dont care if they replace the songs with "similar", anyone who was alive during that time period when it aired will no the difference.

I hate rights issues, they are just getting ridiculous. How is it that NO MONEY for rights is better then some money?!?!
  09-01-2006, 05:14 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 1,457 posts since Jun 2005
You must do 90210 and MelRose Place now

I am dropping you another e-mail in a bit about what I mentioned about 90210

Brent

Use tinyurl its fun http://tinyurl.com/
  09-01-2006, 07:06 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 234 posts since Jun 2005
I am up to season 3 on 90210 now also, glad I started this set considering what they are doing.
  09-01-2006, 07:28 AM
Verified Member

Yup thank god its airing unedited in both the US and Canada. The SOAPNet and Canadian feeds crush the butched FX versions (I have some of the FX old recordings and they cut at least 2-4 min out for commercials sometimes while people are talking)

fortunecOOkie did you get my last email, I cant remember if it went through OK, I think it was in reference to you needing Episode 50 something?

They have been airing 2 eps a day here so I am up to around the end of Season 6 as of this afternoon. Of course editing them is slow (I am on the beginning of Season 2 edit wise)

Season 7 starts next week in the US (this is the 2nd or 3rd run of the series so far)
  09-01-2006, 11:57 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 234 posts since Jun 2005
Mark

They did end up airing #50, so I don't need it, thanks so much anyways. I have burned the discs you need for those 5 eps your missing, I wil mail them next week. According to the tv guide they may skip an episode enxt week but I will see and let you know. As far as editing goes I have mine all up to date cuz the GF watches them as I complete a disc.
  09-01-2006, 04:00 PM
Verified Member

Lucky you My wife despises both shows so I have to edit them in my off time since I am not really in a rush to get them done (well trying to get them done before Christmas as a present to a friend here on the boards)

I may be missing some other episodes here and there since I have my friend in MD record them on hardware I gave him and there was a really bad storm as well as the soap awards and so that messed up the schedule here and there. I will let you know as soon as I figure all that out and I am sure we can help each other out as usual.

EDIT: I just found my original airing of the series finale (2hrs uncut) and I thought this was neat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCmKuNNtqzg

If anybody wants the original for their sets you can get it from youtube using other methods since its the original SP mode JVC mpg or I can email it to you if your email can handle 50mb attachments.