02-20-2008, 11:24 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
Timothy Harris is writing the screenplay for Imagi Studios' upcoming CG-animated feature film AstroBoy, it was jointly announced by Cecil Kramer, Executive VP of Production, and Maryann Garger, producer of AstroBoy.

Writer of such box office hits as Space Jam, Kindergarten Cop, Twins and Trading Places, Timothy Harris has been authoring screenplays for almost 30 years. His credits also include three acclaimed noir novels. In addition, Harris produced Falling Down, selected for the official competition at the 1993 Cannes International Film Festival.

Cecil Kramer stated: "I am thrilled to have the respected and gifted screenwriter Tim Harris on board. His proven track record in writing great entertainment makes him a perfect fit for bringing the timeless saga of 'AstroBoy,' one of the best-known characters in the world, to the big screen."

Maryann Garger said: "We warmly welcome Tim Harris to our team. I have been a longtime fan of Tim's writing, and it's enormously exciting and inspiring to be able to work together on such a grand-scale motion picture as 'AstroBoy'."

Commented Timothy Harris: "'AstroBoy' is a dream animation project. It's a classic, as timeless as Oliver Twist, set in the most incredible futuristic world. It's one of those stories that moves you emotionally while being funny and entertaining at the same time."

AstroBoy, the iconic character created by the "god of manga", Japan's Osamu Tezuka, has enjoyed great acclaim and success around the world as the hero of an animated television series which originally aired in the 1960s, with subsequent versions delighting new generations of fans.

Set in futuristic Metro City, AstroBoy is about a young robot with incredible powers created by a brilliant scientist to replace the son he has lost. Unable to fulfill the grieving father's expectations, our hero embarks on a journey in search of acceptance, experiencing betrayal and a netherworld of robot gladiators, before he returns to save Metro City and reconcile with the man who had rejected him.

David Bowers (Flushed Away) is the director of AstroBoy, slated for worldwide release in 2009.
  02-21-2008, 07:18 AM
Gramma of CPS

Stats: 4,271 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to cp32
wow, time to get my eyes examined. I thought it said Penises Astroboy ?? I ,m so ashamed
  02-21-2008, 08:30 AM
Verified Member

Dirty Ol Grandma.
  02-21-2008, 10:30 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,148 posts since Jun 2005
I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around Astro Boy and Twins. Yikes. Somehow, I don't see my beloved Tetsuwan Atomu getting a serious treatment ...
Update 7Feb12 - Still not really trading, except for a few selected sets for friends. Check out my fannish activities through my home page at http://www.debwalsh.com/. Thanks for your understanding! E-mail only - no PMs, please.
  02-24-2008, 07:07 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by cp32

wow, time to get my eyes examined. I thought it said Penises Astroboy ?? I ,m so ashamed
I know you were watching this when you were reading the original post.

02-24-2008, 01:50 PM
Gramma of CPS

Stats: 4,271 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to cp32
lmao!!!
  02-25-2008, 01:17 PM
Verified Member