Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Scripted TV: Sitcoms, Dramas, Scifi, Westerns

03-22-2008, 05:38 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 910 posts since Jun 2005
Hot off her turn on the fifth season of "Dancing With the Stars," Jennie Garth has been tapped as the female lead on CBS pilot "My Best Friend's Girl."

Also joining "Girl" is Eric Ladin. Additionally, Shailene Woodley has landed the lead in ABC Family's untitled series from "7th Heaven" creator Brenda Hampton, and Bruno Campos has joined Fox's comedy pilot "Night Life."

The Sony-produced "Girl" centers on two best friends and co-owners of a biker shop whose relationship becomes complicated when one (Tim Peper) begins dating the ex-wife (Garth) of the other (Josh Cooke).

Ladin will play a guy described as "the world's worst salesman," who works at the shop.

Garth, who recently starred on WB Network's "What I Like About You," is repped by Endeavor and James/Levy Management.

Ladin, repped by Innovative and Main Title, recently wrapped HBO's "Generation Kill."

The Hampton project, described as a teen relationship series similar in sensibility to "Juno," centers on a pregnant teen (Woodley).

Woodley, repped by Savage Agency and Elements Entertainment, played the title character in WB's "Felicity: An American Girl Adventure."

The ABC Studios-produced "Night Life" (formerly "Saint of Circumstance"), which is being directed by Zach Braff, centers on Wayne (David Denman), a man going through a midlife crisis who quits his dead-end office job to be a paramedic on the night shift.

Campos will play Dr. Steve Larouche, a competent yet sometimes callous medical resident. The role is guest-starring with an option to become a series regular.

Campos, who recurred as the Carver on FX's "Nip/Tuck," is repped by WMA and Raw Talent.

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/g...04/joker-3.gif