Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Scripted TV: Sitcoms, Dramas, Scifi, Westerns

03-26-2008, 12:39 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 910 posts since Jun 2005
USA Network's award-winning, hit series MONK will reach its 100th episode when the series returns for its seventh season this summer. Emmy, Golden Globe and SAG Award winner Tony Shalhoub stars as the titular obsessive-compulsive detective in a series that has cleaned up as a ratings performer at USA since its premiere in 2002. On the verge of reaching its 100th episode -- a nice, round number that would meet with Adrian Monk's approval -- the program has cultivated a loyal following of fans and critics alike. The landmark episode will air on Friday, September 5 at 9/8c. The announcement was made by Jeff Wachtel, USA's executive vice president, original programming.

"Reaching the 100th episode is a major event for any show, and for it to be our flagship series makes it even sweeter," Wachtel enthused. "MONK is a character who has truly crossed into the popular culture. It will live long in our collective memory -- and should live long on our air!"

While most shows see ratings erosion with age, MONK has remained a vibrant cornerstone of USA's schedule, evident in its series-high ratings in total viewers for the sixth season finale. Although the show has been on since 2002, MONK's latest season delivered +16% more P18-49 viewers, +12% more P25-54 viewers and +21% more total viewers than the series average. Through the conclusion of season six, MONK has averaged an audience of 2 million in P18-49, 2.5 million in P25-54 and 5 million total viewers.

In addition to attracting a loyal viewing audience, MONK has also attracted top-level talent to the series over the years. Some of the notable guest stars from seasons past include Adam Arkin, Kevin Nealon, Tim Daly, Garry Marshall, Andrew McCarthy, Glenne Headley, Betty Buckley, John Turturro, Sarah Silverman, Rachel Dratch, Kathy Baker, Tim Curry, Mykelti Williamson, Carmen Electra, Judge Reinhold, Enrico Colantoni, Larry Miller, James Brolin, Jason Alexander, Holland Taylor, Susan Ruttan, Malcolm McDowell, Laurie Metcalf, DJ Qualls, Benito Martinez, Stanley Tucci, Chi McBride, Alice Cooper, Sharon Lawrence, Gordon Clapp, Catherine Bach, Dan Hedaya, Andy Richter, Sean Astin, Steven Weber, Charles Durning, Snoop Dogg, Kurupt, Diedrich Bader, Alfred Molina, Gail O'Grady, Howie Mandel, Dan Castellaneta, Cathy Cahlin Ryan, Peter Stormare and Scott Glenn.

Tony Shalhoub ("Big Night," "Wings," "Men in Black") has earned three Emmy Awards (with five nominations), a Golden Globe Award and two SAG Awards for Best Actor in a Comedy Series for his portrayal of Adrian Monk, a brilliant detective who suffers from obsessive-compulsive disorder. Monk's psychological disorder costs him his position as a legendary homicide detective on the San Francisco Police Force. Due to the tragic unsolved murder of his wife, Monk has developed an abnormal fear of germs, heights, crowds and virtually everything else, which provides an unusual challenge to solving crimes... not to mention his day-to-day existence. Traylor Howard ("Two Guys and a Girl," "Me, Myself and Irene"), Ted Levine ("Heat," "Moby Dick") and Jason Gray-Stanford ("Taken," "Flags of Our Fathers") also star.

MONK is executive produced by David Hoberman ("Raising Helen," "Bringing Down the House," "The Negotiator"), Andy Breckman ("Saturday Night Live," "The Late Show with David Letterman," "Rat Race"), Tony Shalhoub, Randy Zisk ("House," "Without a Trace') and Tom Scharpling ("The Best Show on WFMU"). MONK is from NBC Universal Cable Studios in association with Mandeville Films, Inc. and ABC Studios

http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/g...04/joker-3.gif
  03-26-2008, 02:28 PM
Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 1,453 posts since Jun 2005
It's a great show.
  03-26-2008, 03:48 PM
Gramma of CPS

Stats: 4,271 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to cp32
I prefer the girl from season 1 & 2
  03-26-2008, 05:02 PM

I did for a while too, but now my wife and I are Natalie fans.
  03-27-2008, 03:23 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 969 posts since Jun 2005
I should watch this show at some point. I've never seen a whole episode.
  03-27-2008, 08:18 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 399 posts since Jun 2005
I like the show too, but it looks like Monk will be in his 60s before he solves his wife's murder and gets back on the police force. I prefer Natalie better myself, but I liked Traylor Howard from when she was on Boston Common and Two Guys and a Girl.
  03-27-2008, 11:06 AM
Gramma of CPS

Stats: 4,271 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to cp32
60's will lol
  03-27-2008, 01:45 PM

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by WEW3

I like the show too, but it looks like Monk will be in his 60s before he solves his wife's murder and gets back on the police force. I prefer Natalie better myself, but I liked Traylor Howard from when she was on Boston Common and Two Guys and a Girl.
That's funny because I didn't like her for a while because of those shows. She really has aged well in my humble opinion. I really don't care for her daughter in the show. I liked Benji!
  03-30-2008, 06:38 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
Never seen it.