Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Scripted TV: Sitcoms, Dramas, Scifi, Westerns

12-02-2008, 09:43 AM
Verified Member

Arcade Wins: Skate Boarder Champion
Stats: 3,625 posts since Oct 2006
Send a message via ICQ to konfusion Send a message via AIM to konfusion Send a message via MSN to konfusion Send a message via Yahoo to konfusion
California Dreams - A Fan Site Posts a Cast Member Note Saying the Show is Coming to DVD

The early '90s saw the debut of <i>California Dreams</i>, an NBC series produced by Peter Engel (who was also behind <i>Saved by the Bell</i>, among other similar fare). The show has a nice following, and it's one of the more popular programs on the "unreleased" list here at TVShowsOnDVD.com One fan website, located http://www.thenandnow.net/cd/, has been following the show's ranking at TSoD, and encouraged fans to come on over here and vote for the show. We appreciate that, and what's more is that we appreciate how it maybe could have led to something!

This past holiday weekend (on 11/29, to be precise), the fan site posted a note which has a signature by one of the show's stars, Brentley Gore. In it he says "Yes the CalDreams DVD Release (1st two seasons) is apparently happening! He describes how he's helping gather all the available cast to participate in interviews for bonus material, too. Just head on over and read it for yourself! There's no release timetable, but it sounds like it would be coming sometime in 2009.

Now it's fair for us to note, though, that we don't have a separate confirmation of this from any official studio-type source. Nor do we know if this would be in stores, or some sort of direct-sale item. But we certainly wanted to pass it along to the many fans of this series who come visit our site! Stay tuned and we'll update you if we get further info or verification. Our thanks to reader Paul Smith for tipping us off about the post over there.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Cal...Reported/10965