Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

08-13-2005, 07:57 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
Tues Limit 3, Simpsons Season 6 $29.99 that is $1.20 per episode and $7.50 per disc before tax

Also remember that you CAN exchange the Homer head for a case that matches the previous 5 seasons by calling the 800 number and speaking to a FOX representitive
  08-14-2005, 02:03 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
It is not an "800" number. That's a misprint.
Call that and supposedly you'll get some law firm.

You want to make it "888".
Saw this on tvshowsondvd.com yesterday.
  08-14-2005, 11:10 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,189 posts since Apr 2005
I want the Homer head case and the matching case. Wonder if we can get both? Do you have to send the old one in?
  08-16-2005, 06:03 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 1,457 posts since Jun 2005
We can keep the box and get the normal

Go to:

http://www.simpsonsbox.com/

Use tinyurl its fun http://tinyurl.com/
  08-16-2005, 06:20 AM
Verified Member

OMG I almost pissed my pants reading the form, thats hilarious I had a hard time choosing between Anal Retentive or Big Baby as my reason for wanting the big box, ha ha ha that is awesome!
  08-16-2005, 06:27 AM

Verified Member

Whats awesome is we get to keep the Homer head and get a normal case. Hopefully they do this for the rest of the series.

Brent

08-16-2005, 08:41 AM
Verified Member

The 800 number does work just in case you need that, it went live yesterday so thats why it did not work before

That wasn't the case after all. It turns out that today the 800# listed on the card went live for Fox. If you call it now...well, you'll have a LOT of rings before it gets answered, because it's very swamped at the moment. But when it gets picked up, you'll hear a recording of Homer telling you that you've called the right place. He'll insinuate that it's all a hoax, but it's not really...eventually a rep will pick up the phone (my call was answered by a very nice and polite young lady who seemed out of breathe but in a cheerful mood). I didn't go through the process there; I only called to verify that the number does indeed work. So, we apologize for the bad info last week...our mistake!
  08-16-2005, 01:14 PM

Verified Member

I just got Season Six even though I still need to pick up Seasons 3-5 , the Homer head is cool. I am sending off my reciept tomorrow

I hope Season Seven has the special entitled "Springfield's Most Wanted" it was the 128th episode, it aired before the premiere of the 7th season opener; hosted by John Walsh (from the FOX series "Americas Most Wanted") it offered up all sorts of theories and insights into who might have shot Montgomery Burns. It also guest starred: John Walsh (Himself) , Dennis Franz (Himself) , Andrew Shue (Himself) , Courtney Thorne-Smith (Herself) , Kevin Nealon (Himself) , Chris Elliott (Himself) , Daryl Gates (Himself) , Jimmy Vaccaro (Himself) , Elizabeth Hayes (Dr. Lydia Hansen).

Brent

08-16-2005, 11:11 PM
Verified Member

Way to go FOX for giving the fans what they want.

I picked this set up yesterday (along with a few others) and I have to say, the package is neat, but I don't like it that much. It's too big and clumsy. Glad to have the box.
  08-17-2005, 12:06 PM
Verified Member

I picked this up at walmart tonight and I have to agree FOX outdid themselves, I dont like the packaging so I will be getting the standard box but the book that comes with it and the fact its under $30 is just a prime example of how a DVD set should be made

Excellent transfers, quality work and an ear to the fans about what THEY want, $30 well spent!
  08-17-2005, 11:13 PM
Verified Member

MOTUfan, I think you need to check your Homer Head again, the "Springfield's Most Wanted" special is included on this set.
  08-20-2005, 05:28 AM

Verified Member

Awesome. I still havent gotten through the whole thing heh.

Brent

08-20-2005, 07:20 PM
Verified Member

Its neat to watch taht Most Wanted special because I remember when it aired and the time before the internet and nobody knew who shot Mr Burns, that special brung back memories, good stuff!
  09-15-2005, 09:44 AM

Verified Member

Well my check was cashed last week for my replacement case. And I just got this e-mail from 20th Century Fox:

" Thursday September 15, 2005

This email is to let you know that your Simpsons Season Six Replacement Slipcase has shipped via United States Postal Service. Expect it soon!"

Very awesome, so I can have my Simpsons Seasons 1,2 and 6 match, and have part of Homers head displayed on my wall LOL. Now to get Season 3, 4, and 5 heh.

Brent