Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

08-24-2005, 04:45 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
In what will make for a AWESOME late extra for the LS set:

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|97139|1|,00.html

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) Beavis and Butt-Head, who have long been absent from MTV, will return to the network they once ruled at this weekend's Video Music Awards.

That'll be cool.

The intellectually and emotionally arrested duo will present the Viewer's Choice Award at Sunday's (Aug. 28) Video Music Award. Nominees for the award are Green Day, My Chemical Romance and Snoop Dogg, whom Beavis and Butt-Head would likely deem "cool"; and Kelly Clarkson and Shakira, whom they probably wouldn't (at least not in public).
"We're excited to work with Beavis and Butt-Head again," MTV Networks chief Van Toffler says. "But we really didn't have a choice. They were persistently calling me at work, at home, and on my cell. They wouldn't leave me alone until I agreed to take their call and help them."

"Beavis and Butt-Head," which ran on MTV from 1993-97, was one of the highest-rated series in the network's history. The pair's movie, "Beavis and Butt-Head Do America," earned more than $60 million at the box office and is a big seller on DVD. A DVD collection of the series is due in November, something Beavis and Butt-Head might mention Sunday -- because a VMA show without product plugs just wouldn't seem right.

08-25-2005, 03:43 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 1,457 posts since Jun 2005
Too bad they could do a short skit where it shows Van Toffler, say in a meeting the cell rings it cuts to BnB, or say in his car, or in the shower, or in bed asleep heh. It would be hilarious, it could be a nice build up show it as a prelude to their appearance on the VMAs

Brent

Use tinyurl its fun http://tinyurl.com/
  08-25-2005, 04:31 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,189 posts since Apr 2005
That's awesome. The rare "History of" DVD set has an appearance by them on the VMAs I think.
  08-27-2005, 01:34 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 1,457 posts since Jun 2005
Yup it does I got the rare History of Beavis and Butt head it rocks I should locate it and throw it in

Brent

Use tinyurl its fun http://tinyurl.com/
  08-28-2005, 11:24 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,189 posts since Apr 2005
I've got that "History" set, just didn't have it handy to check. I sent it to Smurf a while back, so he should be able to pull whatever he wants from it.
  08-28-2005, 11:52 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
I have every official release to date, both DVD and VHS, and have pulled episodes from them, as needed.