Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

08-28-2005, 04:12 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
YEAH

Episode titles for four new episodes of Justice League Unlimited, set to air in September, have been released.

The episodes "We are Legion" and "Shadow of the Hawk" will air on September 17th, while "Chaos At the Earth's Core" and "To Another Shore" will air on September 24th. These episodes will air back to back from 10pm - 11pm (ET).
  08-28-2005, 11:08 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,189 posts since Apr 2005
Looks like we'll get to see the Legion of Super Heroes and the real Hawkman right away.
  08-29-2005, 07:21 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 458 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via AIM to gatch72 Send a message via Yahoo to gatch72
This is going to be awesome.
  08-30-2005, 04:12 PM
Verified Member

4 more JLU episodes announced, I dont want to sound unimpressed but a LOT of these JLU episodes sound more like Superfriends fare, just waiting for the season finale to crossover with Krypto the superdog and debut the monkey and the dog from the 70's/80's shows

Episode #31 - Flash and Substance

Batman and Orion see a different side of the Flash when a rogues’ gallery of villains attacks the museum that is opening in his honor.

Episode #32 - Dead Reckoning

The ghost of a circus performer convinces Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman to help him retrieve the stolen souls of a mystic order of Monks.

Episode #33 - Patriot Act

When an out of control super soldier threatens Metropolis, Green Arrow leads seven non-powered Justice Leaguers, including Crimson Avenger and Shining Knight, in a battle they can’t hope to win.

Episode #34 - The Great Brain Robbery

A mystical accident leads to Lex Luthor and the Flash’s minds being swapped into each other’s bodies
  08-30-2005, 04:36 PM

Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 648 posts since Jun 2005
I'm starting to get a little scared! These definitely dont sound like the calibre of stories we are used to. I mean, I loved Superfriends too(back in the day), but lets keep up the momentum we had going last season!
  08-30-2005, 04:56 PM
Verified Member

Well check out the first 4, the premiere episode and the one following it on 9/17 sound fine like regular JLU but check out the next 2 scheduled for the following weekend. I can only hope there is some super story that ties all these episodes together and we just dont find out that they blew their load with the last season and cant top it

Episode #27 - We Are Legion
Original Airdate - September 17th 2005 - Season Premiere

Lex Luthor escapes from a maximum security prison, only to be invited to join Grodd's unstoppable Legion of Doom.

Episode #28 - Shadow of the Hawk
Original Airdate - September 17th 2005

Batman is suspicious of Shayera's new boyfriend, a mysterious archeologist with sinister ties to her Thanagarian past.

Episode #29 - Chaos at the Earth's Core
Original Airdate - September 24th 2005

Supergirl, Stargirl and Green Lantern go to Skartaris, the fantastic, hidden world at the Earth's core, to help free it from the rule of a brutal dictator.

Episode #30 - To Another Shore
Original Airdate - September 24th 2005

Wonder Woman stumbles onto a plot to steal the powers hidden inside the 3000-year-old, frozen remains of the legendary hero, the Viking Prince.

08-30-2005, 11:02 PM
Verified Member

I honestly didn't expect them to be able to follow up last season. It was so incredible and so well done, nothing short of animating the "Crisis" would match it.

I have heard rumors that the last few episodes of the season will deal with Darkseid and the Anti-Life Equation and the Source Wall. These are all plots that have been running since the Superman series, so that will be cool.

Can't wait to see the real Hawkman in "Shadow of the Hawk" and Warlord will be cool in "Chaos at the Earth's Core".

I just want to see the JSA as a group before the series ends. They've shown most of the individual members, so let's see them as a team.
  09-17-2005, 01:09 PM

I just finished watching both eps and I am very pleased.That was a VERY different Hawkman episode than I expected but it was still very good. I hope he comes back sometime. I also think we are getting VERY CLOSE to Shayera and GL getting back together. There was some very good chemistry shown there. Good stuff and an excellent start to the season!
  09-17-2005, 01:16 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
I liked the Flash/Fire thing. That was funny.
  09-17-2005, 01:34 PM

I guess I am going to have to start watching Teen Titans now. I just saw the commercial again with The Doom Patrol. Oh well, I guess it had to happen sooner or later since Beast boy was an original member! Why couldnt they have shown up on JLU?!?
  09-18-2005, 11:14 PM
Verified Member

Doom Patrol will be in the first two Teen Titans episodes. Also, look for the Doom Patrol baddies, the Brotherhood of Evil. So far, Mallah (the Gorilla) is the only member I've seen from the Brotherhood. Not sure who else will appear.

JLU rocked. The Legion of Doom setup was great. Makes sense and plays off what's happening (in a way) in the DC Comics universe right now. Luthor has been organizing all the villains in response to the JL erasing some villains memories in the past. So what Grodd setup was similar.

I thought Hawkman was perfect. The story was very similar to the current Hawkman comic as well. Several year ago Geoff Johns brought back the Carter Hall Hawkman. There had been many incarnations before and he invented the reincarnated warriors aspect. This time, Carter Hall was reincarnated with all his previous memories intact and the current Hawkwoman remembered nothing. He kept proclaiming his love for her and she felt / remembered nothing.

Two perfect episodes. The previews looked awesome as well.
  09-19-2005, 05:46 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 224 posts since Jun 2005
Awh man did I miss it already? How come there's no toonami promotion for it. That's mad.