Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

06-09-2005, 07:09 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
'Transformers Takara Headmasters' will be released in a 4 disc box set on 26th September. This will have brand new English subtitles and the original English dub so you can watch it in whatever way you want."

Metrodome has also informed us that both Takara Headmasters and Transformers: The Movie - Reconstructed will be Region 0 releases. This means there are NO region codes on them and you will be able to play them on any DVD-player!
  06-09-2005, 11:10 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 960 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to battle7
This is awesome news, I would much rather watch it subtitled that to watch those sucky UK voice actors that put no emotion into their lines, not only that everyone sounds the same, they probably had a total of 4 voice actors for the entire series, lol. That and if its not Peter Cullen doing the voice acting, they just don't do Optimus any justice. At least the Japanese give him a 'leader's' voice. Do you know of any extras they plan to include in the Headmaster's set? I would hope they would follow up with Masterforce, Victory, and possibly a Scramble City Special.
  06-10-2005, 05:31 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Fat chance. They started this project 5 years ago and only made it through 1 DVD with 5 eps, calling it "Transformers Takara". They used Victory intros and Victory box art too.

I've heard this before several times. I'll have to see it to believe it.
  06-10-2005, 02:47 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
yeah I noticed that as well, Metrodome seems to always do this. I thought it was interesting they gave a date though. We will have to see, I already have these series and its good enough till someone gets around to doing it "officially"

You would think with the popularity of transformers, the enourmous acceptance of the DVD format and the niche of anime those Japanese shows would have made it over by now, but we all know how Hasbro works and they are very very very anal about anything having to do with the Transformers license and since they do not have the rights to those shows (which is why Rhino could not do them) they would fight probably any attempt for another company to bring them out