Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

08-21-2005, 08:10 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
Well it looks like they at least decided to make a website for their Headmaster and Transformers the movie releases. I like LS art a whole lot better! I will wait till the TF fans buy this and see if its worth importing, but this preview of the movie at least makes me intrigued http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?...6785&n=1&burl=

The transfer looks a lot better at least in the shots here http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?...3Dtransformers

TF The movie reconstructed 9/5/2005 £11.99:

5.1 Dolby/ stereo option
- Movie Script - DVD ROM content
- US theatrical trailer
- Japanese trailer
- US TV spots
- Alternate US/UK Version footage
- Final Title check test
- Cinex check - colour and exposure check
- Autobot & Decepticon Main Menus
- Character Biographies
- Reconstructed: Booklet
- The first (English subtitled) episode of Takara ‘Headmasters'

Headmasters 9/26/2005 £25.99:

We’re pleased to announce the release of the first season of the classic Japanese series with all new English subtitles alongside the original Japanese audio. With all 35 episodes available on a 4 disc set, this is the first time the series has been available in this form anywhere in the world.

Extras

Choice between Japanese/ English audio
Takara Collection Booklet by Chris McFeely
Audio commentary on the first three episodes from Transformers fan Chris McFeely
DVD-ROM content - new scripts translation

http://www.transformersdvd.com/

You can see both here
http://www.moviemail-online.co.uk/films/15673
http://www.moviemail-online.co.uk/filmsRM/104640
  08-22-2005, 06:07 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
The "Takara" set (Headmasters) was started years ago in UK but scrapped due to lack of interest. It was dubbed, and was the first 5-6 episodes.

This Metrodome release is English subs over Japanese audio.

08-22-2005, 08:34 AM
Verified Member

Yes but I guess they actually finished it, they are pushing it pretty hard so maybe they figure the interest is there now
  08-22-2005, 12:12 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 1,457 posts since Jun 2005
Awesome english audio is a choice on the Headmaster eps awesome

Brent

Use tinyurl its fun http://tinyurl.com/
  08-22-2005, 05:28 PM
Verified Member

Chris McFeely (the fan working with Metrodome and Takara) has confirmed that it will be all new Subtitles and include the English audio that many have heard on the Chinese/HK sets but remixed with the original japanese audio for clearer sound effects and background music, so I guess this will be the first "official" English set, not like the english dub was anything impressive in the first place

I might import it just to compare it to the set I have and see what the difference is, could always offload it on ebay or trade it to someone. I mean £25.99 is not bad, hell I paid worse for that crappy *** Thundercats set
  08-23-2005, 07:07 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 1,457 posts since Jun 2005
Heck Id buy it off you for what you paid even plus shipping

I need to get the movie as well

The changes look outstanding

Brent

Use tinyurl its fun http://tinyurl.com/
  08-28-2005, 07:44 PM
Verified Member

Here is the intial review and a pic of the master discs used for the review (not the final printing but what was sent for the website to review). I am definitly going to import the set now so I can add it to my collection and replace the HK set with what looks to be a proper release (I am also interested to see the new subtitles because as you can read and if you have ever watched the Star Dub the English version is not exactly good, it reminds me at times as if MST3K were doing the dub)

Here are the main options for your viewing experience:
# New english subtitles: On Off
# Audio commentary w/ Chris McFeely: On Off
# Japanese audio: On Off
# English audio: On Off

The ability to customize your viewing experience of the Headmasters is great. While I'm watching the video, I can simply press the 'subtitle' button on my remote control and I've got the brand new subtitles that Metrodome put together with Chris McFeely (staff member of Darren Jamieson's thetransformers.net - go say hi!). There's also an audio commentary with Chris that I initially thought would be very boring but it wasn't at all and was actually informative. I only watched a few minutes with his audio commentary where he basically explained the difference between the English Headmasters concept and Takara's Headmaster concept as well as why they kept Cerebros' name as Fortress and why they changed Scorponok's name to Zarak in the subtitles. Both were excellent decisions and I now look forward to seeing what they will do with Masterforce (Ginrai versus Prime). And of course there's the original Japanese audio.

I've only watched a couple of the episodes with the "wretched" English dubs as Chris McFeely calls them. And that's true. They are horrible. But they're hilarious at the same time. I can't wait to get a few friends over here to watch them after a few beers. The adventures of Wally (Blurr), Billy (Blaster), Sparkle (Spike) and "New" Soundwave (Soundwave). I can't wait.

When I watch the Japanese episodes, I personally enjoy watching them in their regular Japanese format - no subtitles. That's how they were intended and as long as you know that basic plot of each episode, it's not too hard to follow. It's the Autobots versus the Decepticons in every episode and you can catch most of the Japanese names. I'm currently watching the 4th episode where Blaster and Soundwave are resurrected with the English dub. I've laughed out loud at several of the horrible English dub. "New Soundwave" is the name of Soundblaster. That's some funny crap.

There's not much in the way of special features other than what I mentioned above which took an incredible amount of work I'm sure. I commend Metrodome for what they did with this set. The only other special feature that I see on the disc are episode scripts which I can view on my computer so I'll have to check those out later.

The only thing that I don't like about the set so far is the interesting audio loop that's on the main menu. I'm not sure if that same audio is on all 4 discs or just the first one that I'm looking at currently. It's the audio clips from when Unicron is approaching Lithone in Transformers the Movie. I would have liked to have had the Headmasters theme song playing in the background instead. Audio from the movie is out of place on the Headmasters DVD in my opinion. But it's an interesting loop nonetheless.