Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

09-30-2005, 11:55 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
There are reports from various Superman-themed websites (including Superman Cinema) that Warner Bros. and producer Ilya Salkind have finally negotiated a deal for the release of director Richard Donner's original unused footage from Superman II.

This would allow for the creation of a long-awaited Superman II: Director's Cut that would be closer to the film Donner was crafting before the film was taken away from him by the studio back in 1979 and given to replacement director Richard Lester.

Donner, as many of you know, also directed the original Superman: The Movie (the two films were shot, for the most part, simultaneously). The idea behind all of this, of course, is that Warner wants to release new DVD special editions of Superman II, Superman III and Superman IV: The Quest for Peace in conjunction with the theatrical or DVD debut of Bryan Singer's currently in production Superman Returns. The new film is expected to hit theaters in June 2006.

10-01-2005, 06:29 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 1,457 posts since Jun 2005
I have heard this too, it was on krypton site I believe if I am not mistaken.

Brent

Use tinyurl its fun http://tinyurl.com/
  10-03-2005, 07:21 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 201 posts since Jun 2005
This is shocking news considering the salkinds were probably responsible for getting Donner fired in the first place because they didn't want to pay him.