Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

11-07-2005, 10:51 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
I know this going to be a touchy subject.
I watched the Boondocks last night and right from the get go, it was "white people this" and "white people that", "I'm going to find me a white person to lie to" etc etc..

What a racist naziest propagana piece of garbage. Sorry, my opinion.
  11-07-2005, 12:39 PM

Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 648 posts since Jun 2005
I watched it too and I was apalled!! I know NO black people who behave that way. If I knew anybody who acted like the idiots portrayed in that show, they would most definitely not be allowed in my house! So continues the steady decline of Cartoon Network! I cant believe anybody would waste animation funds on this kind of bullshot!(pretty clever way to get past the filters,huh?)
  11-07-2005, 04:14 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
I've never been all that fond of the comic strip in the newspaper.
I'm really not surprised the cartoon is bad.
  11-07-2005, 10:48 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
I'm happy to know I'm not the only one who feels this way. Is that cartoon socially engineered or what? Yes, CN is slowly turning into sh$$T. Adult Swim isn't funny anymore with some of there new shows. Now you get 50 commercials breaks instead of one, not to mention the adds that pop up while you're watching a show. I've been trying to put together a Billy & Mandy set and it sucks with all that crap popping up.

Dangit, we all want to watch TV that we pay good money for without all that pop up stuff.

Well, at least Nicktoons took a little turn for the better. No more pop ups and that crappy logo is gone. I've also been able to replace some of my Billy & Mandys with "On Demand" airings as well as get a bunch of Johhny Bravo's and Courage episodes right to DVD.

Okay, enough of my ranting.
  11-08-2005, 02:52 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 224 posts since Jun 2005
Cartoon Network became KidsWB with 4 commercial breaks. I think Adult Swim is the ONLY part of Cartoon Network that still has one commercial. And the boondocks isn't that bad really, it's not like GREAT, but it's not bad either. It's alright, although I see a lot of things that might happen to it probably.