Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

06-14-2005, 09:42 PM

Verified Member

Stats: 224 posts since Jun 2005
This is probably the 4th time I missed/messed up the static shock ep I needed, I get my capture directly and it's horrible how when you set the date off by one day...it just ticks me off. This is the fourth time this has happened...Well no use in crying, I'm sure, like many of you, have had this happened to you all your life...

06-14-2005, 09:52 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
Quite a few times, always seems to be with large series as well so you have to wait sometimes up to 8 weeks to get it again, even with all the backup things I have SVHS and DVR, as well as computer its like they all know I want a specific ep and all fail (tape full, dvr full, not enough space, time wrong, power out)

Its frustrating as hell I think
  06-14-2005, 10:59 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,189 posts since Apr 2005
AOA, what Static Shock episode do you need? I've got a complete 8 DVD set I made a year or two ago from original KidsWB airings. Let me know and I'll send it your way.
  06-15-2005, 03:42 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
Nope. Lots of shows have eps that are banned or I just miss. I only care if it's a show I REALLY REALLY like.

Something like WHAT'S MY LINE? from 1950-1965 is a show with 800+ episodes, and about 100+ are lost or not in the main kinescope archive shown on GSN. Then add to the fact that weather and human error makes me miss one about every 40 or so. But I easily have about 3 years worth of eps right now (1954-1956, currently in 1957), many more to go. I just started to record it 6 months ago. It airs daily and takes 2 years to cycle the full collection. If I miss an ep, it takes 2 years to catch it again. Nobody else anywhere seems to record this classic.

06-15-2005, 12:46 PM

Verified Member

Wow LS, missing an episode would be torture then. I need the episode brother-sister act. But it's alright duncan, I believe it'll be airing right around the corner with this new marathon thing there doing, I think it still runs. Thank you for your kind offer but if they are to never show it again, I hope your offer doesn't expire

-AOA
  06-30-2005, 05:50 PM

Verified Member

UGH! it happened again! ;_; I'm almost done with totally spies when I find out that this episode stopped 2 minutes from ending...::sigh:: there's no hope in me finishing any sets if I keep doing this...
  06-30-2005, 05:52 PM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
You need to ask us to be a backup for you. I do that sometimes when I miss stuff, and I've done it for others. Also be your own backup, do both VHS and direct. Just run an EP VHS tape for 6 hours solid, and be sure it's on sometime during that block. Not 100% super per duper perfect, but still quite fine and better than not having it at all.
  07-04-2005, 12:27 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 4,864 posts since Jun 2005
Send a message via Skype™ to wayshway
I feel for you. I've been pulling my hair out to get the 6 episodes of Animaniacs I need to finish my set.

07-26-2005, 07:18 AM

Verified Member

Phillip, do you think you could send me these two episodes from Static Shock? I've given up hope in cartoon network airing them anymore.

Ep 16. Brother-Sister Act
Ep 50. Wet and Wild

Let me know, thank you.
  07-26-2005, 01:42 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 1,189 posts since Apr 2005
Got your email, just too busy lately to respond. I'll get them together and email you in a few days (maybe early next week).