Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

02-17-2006, 10:25 AM

Verified Member

Stats: 1,457 posts since Jun 2005
From http://www.devilsdue.net/forums/show...562#post286562

Forum Poster "Straight Edge" responded to my post with:

13 episodes for this season, and season 2 has been confirmed at Toy Fair, with seson 3 in early development. So it's doing pretty good, I'd say.

So I am still very leary what with all the rumor of MOTU continuing when it was faltering, I just need to dig up concrete facts. I found nothing on yojoe.com, or maybe I missed it......

Brent

Use tinyurl its fun http://tinyurl.com/
  02-17-2006, 01:52 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
WOW that is shocking, last I read on toonzone the ratings stunk. It was getting worse ratings than Kirby and F-Zero which were both cancelled in the US.

The show has huge potential but they need to make some serious changes, I know the toys have at least 3 more waves as well as a new micro wave I want bad due to the vehicles and a new comic so maybe they will get their butts in gear

I would not be weary of this though Brent, remember this is Hasbro owned NOT Mattel, Hasbro has a bit more faith in its product lines (GI Joe Convention, TF Convention, My Little Pony Con, all with their own exclusives and supported tv shows)
  02-17-2006, 02:05 PM

Verified Member

Yeah I know, but with the way GI Joe is being handled on TV is kind of similar to MOTU, BUT GI joe stayed on the air though with repeats, where MOTU was shuffled around so much. Plus they have unveil a new 2.5 inch sigma 6 line and new 8 inch figures for the fall '06 waves. So I think Sigma 6 is doing ok.

BUT last weeks show was LEAPS AND BOUNDS better than Vacation Plus this week its Ninja vs. Ninja in "WAR" so things are looking up

Brent

02-20-2006, 09:07 AM

Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 648 posts since Jun 2005
War was a decent episode but the show still needs a lot of work. They need more Joes for one thing.
  02-21-2006, 06:34 AM

Verified Member

MissBehave over at Devilsdue.net forums who is the coordinatrix over there, just posted this:

I can't really release any of the numbers I've heard - but Sigma 6 has been the top #1 show on FOX's 4KidsTv for a while - only slipping to #2 on some occasions (w/ Turtles as #1). Josh just did a school visit where he asked the kids if they'd seen the show the reply he got was "Man, who ain't watch'n Sigma?!" Hasbro also seems to bee excited about their toy sales numbers as well.

02-21-2006, 07:27 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
That is really shocking, guess the numbers changed since the premiere becuase it was getting killed by Loonatics and Pokemon drawing under 1.0 while Turtles was drawing almost 2.0 and the WB toons were easily drawing 2.5-3.9 (higher numbers are better), there was even a toonzone article about it getting killed

But then again Loonatics, Johnny Test, and Coconut Joe Fruit Salad Island are horrid toons so maybe kids finally saw that