Go Back   TVPast Forums > Local TV Channels > Superheroes, Cartoons and Anime

07-04-2006, 04:40 AM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
At the Hasbro round table this past week it was announced that several BIG changes were coming for the 4Kids Sigma Six show:

-The animation team has received more $$$ so the animation is more fluid

-Some voices have been changed due to complaints from last season

-The storylines are going to become more adult and less kid oriented

-Hasbro has complained to 4Kids/FOX about the schedule, they were very upset about the random scheduling and the fact it took so long to get through 13 episodes.

-Several new characters will be making their debut including:

LT.Stone who is playing a Joe version of Zartan for disguise
Shipwreck
Firefly (who is a double agent and will have both Joe/Cobra missions)
Bazooka
And Snake Eyes will receive Timberwolf

07-04-2006, 06:19 AM
Site Staff – Forum Moderator

Arcade Wins: Asteroids Champion Minigolf Champion People on Fire Champion
Stats: 9,761 posts since May 2005
I won't be recording S2.
The only thing I liked about the show was the premiere version of the intro music.

But I was never a G.I. Joe fan to begin with.

07-04-2006, 04:50 PM

Member Removed / Locked / Why?

Stats: 648 posts since Jun 2005
Hopefully the stories will be more adult! I cant wait to see it.
  07-04-2006, 11:48 PM
Verified Member

Stats: 2,824 posts since May 2005
Send a message via AIM to markatisu Send a message via MSN to markatisu
I agree Greg, anyone who watched Season 1 knows when you dumped Scott and his robotic dog and gave the show to Cobra Commander (the whole big robot scheme) that the show was much better, there were several episodes that were worthy of the GI Joe title, namely the ones involving Spirit, Snake Eyes, Zartan, and Storm Shadow. I bought the Spirit figure after that one episode in particular because his whole I am one with the earth and dont need weapons thing was cool.

The new figures look less kiddy so that bodes well, I mean its still 4kids so I am not expecting anything JLU strong but I am hoping that it stays more to the end of the season type of writing where we actually get to see the characters interact (like the episode where Scarlett has to learn to trust Tunnel Rat even though she thinks he is in incompetent)